« Pulitzer For the Enemy? | Main | Create Your Own Superhero - Thank You Internet! »

Tomorrow Is Tartan Day

I'm Scottish (as much as I joke about being Irish, I'm more Scot).  My family has come from the Robertsons, the Johnstons, the Sinclairs, and the Shaws.

Tomorrow is Tartan Day.

If you are a Scottish blogger, consider signing up for Tartan Day. Ith of the most excellent Absinthe and Cookies is the one organizing the

Gathering1

While it might be too late to make her blogroll, you can still get on the Blogrolling version and participate in Tartan Day Blogging.  So far, the participants are

Posted by Blackfive | April 05, 2005 in Weblogs | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Tomorrow Is Tartan Day:

» Good Lord from Grim's Hall
It proves that I'm related to BlackFive... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 6, 2005 12:15:29 AM

» These Hands from Hello Iraq
A great story at American Soldier. Here is an exerpt: Stop and think for a moment about the hands you have, how they have served you well throughout your years. These hands, though wrinkled, shriveled and weak have been the tools I have used all m... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 6, 2005 3:21:58 AM

» I'm a Horrible Scot from ninme
I just discovered a new holiday. Apparently today is National Tartan Day. Curtsy: Blackfive. I guess it’s too late to join the Gathering of the Blogs, isn’t it.... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 6, 2005 1:28:24 PM

» uoasfjesa from sibzaj
goiasg [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 29, 2005 3:18:58 AM

» uoasfjesa from sibzaj
goiasg [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 29, 2005 3:19:23 AM

» uoasfjesa from sibzaj
goiasg [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 29, 2005 3:19:47 AM

» Iraq War Enters 4th Year With More Deaths from 4th Year Amid
4th Year Amid Insurgent and Sectarian Violence, Uncertain Political Future [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 21, 2006 9:11:24 AM

» MP3 File Search from The Mp3Database
Download mp3 audio music and song lyrics. Mp3 search engine to music links for free download ... Quick Database Search search in 250209 mp3 entries ... [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 24, 2006 5:47:35 PM

» nParallel Adds Another Experienced Tradeshow Professional from [PRWEB
Experience to the Agency [PRWEB Mar 23, 2006] Trackback URI: http://www.prweb.com/zingpr.php/TWFnbi1UaGlyLUNvdXAtVGhpci1IYWxmLVplcm8= [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 24, 2006 8:15:42 PM

» W3 Search Engines XML from People/Web Search
... meta-search engine, includes a submission page, searching for people and ... Alex - Alex Catalogue of Electronic texts (previously Gopher Catalog of ... [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 26, 2006 10:26:18 PM

» Full Albums Archive from MP3 Album Finder
Enter Artist or Song or Album name to search: ... Download VA - Русская коллекция 4 Золотой шлягер 70 х (1973 1979) mp3 ... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 3, 2006 8:53:13 AM

» MP3 Downloads, Full Albums, Latest Hits, MP3 Search from Global Media Search Engine
Big Mp3 Archive, Mp3 Search, Mp3 Albums, Mp3 Songs, Mp3 Software, Mp3 Traffic Exchange, Advertising... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 3, 2006 9:54:11 AM

Comments

Thanks for the link!

I'll keep adding people to both rolls till I go to sleep tonight, and I may get time to add any late comers before work tomorrow. The more, the merrier!

Posted by: Ith | Apr 5, 2005 1:57:41 PM

Argggh. Damn Scots. ;)

Posted by: Ogre | Apr 5, 2005 2:15:59 PM

Those Scots are natural enemies. Like Englishmen and Scots! Or Welshmen and Scots! Or Japanese and Scots! Or Scots and other Scots! Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!

Posted by: Ogre | Apr 5, 2005 2:35:18 PM

Egads! A kinsman!!

Clan Robertson, thanks be to me gr-gr-granda who left bonny Scotland on the LONDON, for Nova Scotia.

The arisaid comes out of the closet tomorrow!

Posted by: Sus | Apr 5, 2005 4:13:25 PM

Shoulda known, Sus, shoulda known...Clan Donnachaidh (Robertson)...

Posted by: Blackfive | Apr 5, 2005 4:21:21 PM

Have a great day celebrating tomorrow Matt, I've sent this link to my very good friend Jane, her maiden name is Ness. I told her I'd help her with a drink, but I sure pass on the Haggis !
Take care,
Dee

Posted by: Dee | Apr 5, 2005 4:25:40 PM

"Nemo me impune lacessit."
(No one provokes me with impunity.)
-- Motto of the Crown of Scotland and of all Scottish regiments

Posted by: Impacted Wisdom Truth | Apr 5, 2005 4:51:23 PM

Yep - couldn't spell the Donawhatsis at the time of posting . . . so, I wonder why it is that an Irish whiskey graces my sideboard instead of a more appropriate uisge beatha. . . .

Can't handle that peaty stuff you adore! Whew! Although I did kind of like a Lagavulin someone shared, the other day.

Posted by: Sus | Apr 5, 2005 5:31:27 PM

Wow, two other Robertsons! I'm also part Stewart.

Beannachd Dia dhuit
(blessings of God be with you - ScotsGaelic)

Posted by: jen | Apr 5, 2005 7:12:33 PM

Jen - Goodness - three of us! . . . . what's the Scottish equivalent of "The South Shall Rise Again"? Something like: "Sassenachs, go back to Normandie"?

I've spent way to much time at the VVA, tonight. . . .

Posted by: Sus | Apr 6, 2005 12:08:43 AM

A Robertson? That makes you a member of the Clann Donnachaidh, which is to say, a clansman of my own. Outstanding.

Posted by: Grim | Apr 6, 2005 12:12:38 AM

Ack! I see on review of the comments, it's four of us! My mother was a Duncan.

Posted by: Grim | Apr 6, 2005 12:19:11 AM

Grim - Welcome to the Rising!

Posted by: Sus | Apr 6, 2005 12:32:39 AM

your newer thread on the Arbroath declaration is closed, so I'll post this other reading recommendation here:

"How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's Poorest Nation Created Our World & Everything in It"

(and another, for the Irish side of my house)

"How the Irish Saved Civilization".. It wasn't just the Arabs saving all those classic texts from the dark ages...

Posted by: Otis Wildflower | Apr 6, 2005 3:19:44 AM

Thanks, Otis, I reopened it up for comments.

Posted by: Blackfive | Apr 6, 2005 8:49:03 AM