With all these bloggers putting up tune-lists (RW News had a good one on driving with heavy/rock music), I decided to match the Blog with the tune. This is, of course, based on personal taste, and most of these may have a good reason for the selection, while others...not so good.
Music for the Best Blogs
1. IMAO = Fun Loving Criminals' "Scooby Snacks"
- Reason: Don't know why, it's just goofy and cool and badass like Frank J.
- FYI: Frank J. just published a new Guns Basics post - info on cartridges. Good stuff - blog this to the Ramones' "Pet Cemetary" (think pet monkeys).
2. Rachel Lucas = Cake's "Short Skirt/Long Jacket"
- Reason: 'Nuff said about this brilliant hottie with a great attitude.
- FYI: Ms. Lucas is graduating so blog to Third Eye Blind's "Graduate".
3. USS Clueless = Tangerine Dream's "Love on a Real Train"
- Reason: Not literally, just good background noise when you need to concentrate because he is so damn smart and right on target, yet again.
4. EjectEjectEject = K's Choice "Not An Addict"
- Reason: Because I am addicted and can't wait for the next essay on Friday.
5. The AntiIdiotarian Rottweiler = The Cult's "Peace Dog"
- Reason: Bad ass all the way, every day.
6. The Spoons Experience = Sugarcult's "Bouncing Off the Walls"
- Reason: No, I don't think Spoons is schitzo, just whacked, and I mean that in a good way. Plus, I think I saw him in that Van Wilder movie.
7. Bad Money = U2's "Zoo Station"
- Reason: Kind of edgy and original like Harv's place. I mean, come on, who the hell would have thought up "Graffiti Money"?
8. Right Wing News = Coldplay's "Warning Sign"
- Reason: Because of John, we know what sh#tstorm is coming next.
9. Instapundit = The Marshall Tucker Band's "Long Hard Ride"
- Reason: Just imagine how long that guy is on-line...
10. Blackfive - The Paratrooper of Love = The Mighty Mighty Bosstones' "The Impression That I Get" or INXS' "Elegantly Wasted"
- Reason: Take your pick while I have my next scotch.
11. Banagor - The Lone Paladin = Tantric's "Breakdown"
- Reason: Banagor needs to fix his computer to get back to posting more good stuff.
Music if I had a lobotomy and spent time at these sites:
1. The Democratic Underground Jackasses = Caviar's "Tangerine Speedo" or Electronic's "Idiot Country"
- Reason: Songs about idiots. Hand me an f'ing towel, it's getting deep.
2. The New York Times' Maureen Dowd = Cracker's "Eurotrash Girl"
- Reason: Don't get me started on a list (but I would start it with lying idiot). The song was almost a toss up between Cracker and Goldfinger's "F##k You and Your Cat".
3. Ho-weird Dean = Tenacious D's "With Karate I'll Kick Your Ass"
- Reason: Bush won't need karate to kick his ass. BTW, according to Howard, it's pronounced kar-a-te'.
4. Bush Watch = King Missle's "Detachable Penis"
- Reason: These men have no penises.
5. Democrats.com = Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back"
- Reason: If you want to find some gigantic asses, there are so many big butts at this site.
6. Bushie's Suck = any band playing "Bugger Off"
- Reason: self explanatory.
7. The DNC = Toby Keith's "You Ain't Much Fun (Since I Quit Drinking)"
- Reason: There's enough whining and screeching here to sober up Colin Farrell.