Did a segment with Frank this morning on Bergdahl and the details of the deal.
With Jim Hanson, Rep. Steve King , Raymond Stock, Gordon Chang
JIM HANSON, retired Special Operations Master Sergeant:
- Why did the US decide now to trade five Taliban commanders for captured U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl?
- Was the Haqqani Network paid cash by the government of Qatar to facilitate the deal?
- What are the circumstances under which Sgt. Bergdahl was captured?
Congressman STEVE KING (IA-4):
- Concern over precedent set by U.S. negotiating with terrorists via a third party to secure the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- A law, signed by President Obama, that requires Congress be given 30-days advance notice before the release of any prisoner from Guantanamo Bay, and why the Administration says it was unable to comply in the Bergdahl case
- Problems with an order given to ICE to disregard a law that orders deportation proceedings be started whenever an illegal alien is found within the country
RAYMOND STOCK, of the Middle East Forum:
- What the results of the recent Egyptian election says about domestic support for presidential-elect Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
- Will Coptic Christians in Egypt fare better under el-Sisi than under the Muslim Brotherhood’s Morsi?
- Muslim Brotherhood members possibly seeking refuge in the United States
GORDON CHANG, of Forbes.com:
- The 25th anniversary of Tiananmen Square and where Communist China stands today
- Recent Shangri-La talks and how America and China presented themselves at the event
- Updates on recent Chinese aggression against Vietnam and American allies in the region