Riiiiiggghhht! This guy is playing at claiming so.
The U.S. military is a socialist paradise. Imagine a testing ground where every signature liberal program of the past century has been applied, from racial integration to single-payer health care—then add personal honor, strict hierarchy, and more guns. Like all socialist paradises, the military has been responsible for its share of bloodshed, but it has developed one of the only working models of collective living and social welfare that this country has ever known.
This is a brilliant example of....well...nothing. The points he makes are pointless except to point out that some are willing to sacrifice some of their rights to secure them for the rest. A better example would be saying that the military is a fashion designer's paradise because all of the troops have adopted the combat couture. What a buffoon.
Now he has served in Iraq and Afghanistan so I thanke him for that as should we all. Then we can laugh as he trolls the internets trying to get a rise out of me and you. Congratulations Mr. Siegel you win, I mock thee. But I remember you, weren't you that smart ass Spec 4 barracks lawyer always telling people they didn;t have to get up and do PT because it was against labor regulations, or that they couldn't make cut yrou hair because of the 1st Amendment. I knew you and all the other semi-pro wankers who always had a dumbass, poorly thought out reason why the man couldn't tell them what to do.
The problem is that you are not really one of the more entertaining ones. You pale in comparison to the mighty Skippy. Do go read the full list. It is the greatest thing ever published on the internets.
Skippy’s List: The 213 things Skippy is no longer allowed to do in the U.S. Army
1. Not allowed to watch Southpark when I’m supposed to be working.
2. My proper military title is “Specialist Schwarz” not “Princess Anastasia”.
3. Not allowed to threaten anyone with black magic.
4. Not allowed to challenge anyone’s disbelief of black magic by asking for hair.
5. Not allowed to get silicone breast implants.
6. Not allowed to play “Pulp Fiction” with a suction-cup dart pistol and any officer.
7. Not allowed to add “In accordance with the prophesy” to the end of answers I give to a question an officer asks me.
8. Not allowed to add pictures of officers I don’t like to War Criminal posters.
9. Not allowed to title any product “Get Over it”.
10. Not allowed to purchase anyone’s soul on government time.
11. Not allowed to join the Communist Party.
12. Not allowed to join any militia.