News you can use or peruse:
- So I’m thinking after Prince Harry’s Las Vegas hi-jinks we ought to seriously consider making him an honorary member of Blackfive. What do you guys think?
- Duffle Blog is an official hit. The military equivalent of “The Onion”, Duffle Blog has reached the pinnacle of a parody site. It has fooled mainstream media out lets and, in this case, that’s reported by another mainstream media outlet. Congrats, boys!
Gizmodo, a site for technology fans, recently bit on the Duffel blog’s report announcing the “limited deployment” of the new Inverted Multi-Purpose Ballistic Tomahawk Bayonet, or IMBTB. Gizmodo even ran a picture of the rifle and said the storage area in the IMBTB would contain “five matches, a small compass, maps, and two gallons of pressurized JP-8 fuel.”
- Full steam ahead for the Marine Corps on the F-35B. The Commandant is stepping down his overwatch due to the progress the JSF has made.
- “We hacked the enemy”. Really? Can no one keep a secret anymore?
Marine Lt. Gen. Richard P. Mills' comments came at a conference in Baltimore during which he explained how U.S. commanders considered cyberweapons an important part of their arsenal.
"I can tell you that as a commander in Afghanistan in the year 2010, I was able to use my cyber operations against my adversary with great impact," Mills said. "I was able to get inside his nets, infect his command-and-control, and in fact defend myself against his almost constant incursions to get inside my wire, to affect my operations."
- In the world of “conduct unbecoming” we have interservice news. We have the former IG of the 31st Fighter Wing up on sexual assault charges, the commander of a Navy destroyer relieved of duty on sexual harassment charges, and a report that says sexual assault cases are “flooding” military courts. Uh, not good.
- And for your weekend “war pron”, we’ll let a Warthog provide it with a double gun run on the Taliban:
Have a good weekend, all.