This is some pitiful sorry shite and while this is the right answer if you are a pissant bureaucrat, it is an insult and a slap in the face to all members of the warrior class.\
Dept of Transportation Federal Transit Administration sends:
Recently, there have been local incidents in which military personnel have been verbally assaulted while commuting on the Metro. Uniformed members have been approached by individuals expressing themselves as anti-government, shouting anti-war sentiments, and using racial slurs against minorities.
In one instance, a member was followed onto the platform by an individual who continued to berate her as she exited the metro station. Thus far, these incidents have occurred in the vicinity of the Reagan National Airport and Eisenhower Ave metro stations on the yellow line, however, military members should be vigilant and aware of their surroundings at all times while in mass transit.
Should you be approached by any individuals expressing anti-government/anti-war sentiments, or any other types of direct verbal assault, immediately notify your local police jurisdiction. If riding metro, exit the train at the next stop, distance yourself from the individual, and notify the Metro Transit Police Department. ...
Here are a few friendly reminders of personal protective measures that can help you to stay safe:
- If possible, do not commute in uniform (military members)
- Do not display DoD building passes, “hot cards”, or personal identification in open view outside of the workplace
- Do not discuss specifics about your occupation to outside solicitors
- Always try to remain in well lit, well populated train cars if traveling via metro
- Be vigilant at all times!
National Operations Center
STFU you pathetic little sissies! I realize that not all military members are barrel-chested freedom fighters, but the idea that any US Servicemember should hide who they are from any dirty, nasty, patchouli-smelling, America-hating, dung beetle is the wrong freakin' answer. So here is Uncle Jimbo's advice for dealing with these gonad-less swine.
1. Determine your actual, ass-kicking ability and if you are not certain you have the tactical advantage, dial 911.
2.Describe the scum in detail making certain to mention the horrendous lack of hygiene, the odor of cheap Mexican weed, and the horrendously tacky attire. Explain that the vermin are threatening you, using vile epithets, and that you are afraid.
3. Continue explaining to the operator that you are afraid you will be forced to defend yourself and that because you are a cold-blooded, steely-eyed killer you are afraid that you will kill them. "You see Operator the one in the DouChe' t-shirt reminds me of this insurgent in Iraq that I had to put a bullet between the eyes of and my PTSD is seriously kicking in".
4.State out loud "OK Operator you have Metro Police at what stop? Excellent I will try not to hurt them until then. Yes I'll leave the line open and if you hear them squealing you have my apologies."
5. Or if you have the tactical advantage you should do the right thing, take one for the team and pull a Luttrell.