Update: For those not understanding the title, the definition of Surrender Monkey is here.
I am not certain who is advising the Senator Obama campaign, but he should have kept this this particular set of ideas to himself.
Let's forget about pictures in man-jammies and turbans and all his BS about "Change" and "Hope" and the neo-socialism that promises to "tax the rich" so that I can have a new Corvette, just like all the other CEO's.
Let's talk about our opposition to this and how we are trying to ensure the "so this Nation shall not perish from the Earth" part gets heard.
FFS, this has got to be a joke.... But, in the interest of discussion, let's take these points one by one.
- Only candidate who opposed the war from the beginning and as President, I will end it: Not exactly something I would tout about myself, since I would be turning out to be made to look foolish by the continued success of our troops (despite the constant defeatist drumbeat by the Dems and the Traitors in the media). That, and saying you are going to bend over and grab your ankles leaves only the kissing good-bye part left. Someone prepared to be the fastest to run away from a fight is not someone I want to be in charge of the "support and defend the Constitution" clause of the oath.
- I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems: Let me be blunt Senator, you are an idiot. Have you watched the news lately? Since you may not have, this my be a bit of a shock to you, but We (the US of A) shot down a satellite moving through space. I won't go into the details, but have you seen any other country on the planet do that? Where I am from, we would call that a "proven" missile defense system. If I was investing in something, I like stuff that is "proven," kind of like this.
- Slow the development of future combat systems: You mean like the MRAP? FCS Ships? Aegis Cruiser updates? Land Warrior System? F-22? I am certain the Army, Navy, Marines would love that. Sounds like you are locking up that veteran vote faster than I thought. You can cement it by promising this to all of those living at LSA Anaconda or and major FOB in the ITO.
- Independent defense priorities board to ensure that the Quadrennial Defense Review is not used to justify unnecessary spending: How about an Independent Welfare Priorities Board or an Independent Social Security Priorities Board to ensure that lazy dirtbags who are to lazy to work and the AARP don't use their agendas to justify unnecessary spending? Yeah, I thought not.
- Set a goal of a world without Nuclear Weapons: Well, everyone should have a goal, but my guidance counselor told me to make it a reasonable goal. We obviously didn't have the same guidance counselor.
- Not develop new nuclear weapons: Well, not developing new weapons and adapting to new technology worked for the French in WWII when they faced the Germans at the Siegfried Line... Oh Wait....
- Seek a Global ban in Fissile material: "Dreaaammmm, the impossible dreeeaammm!!!" Let's see if we can get the Iranians and North Koreans to get the ball rolling. I am certain if you just talk to them that they will want to comply with that immediately...
- Negotiate with the Russians to take our ICBMs off "hair trigger" alert and achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenals: Did I miss a memo or a meeting or something? I thought we won that war. Are we still doing that whole "however many minutes to midnight" thing? I am so confused. I rather like my ICBMs ready to heat up and shoot. No one wants to have to load their magazines after they find out they are in a gunfight. I know how this whole "deep cuts" thing works; we reduce our arsenals by destroying our weapons, the Russians reduce their arsenals by selling their warheads to the Iranians, Chinese, North Koreans, or (insert totalitarian or terrorist regime here).
Note to McCain Campaign: Start sh*t-hammering the daylights out of this guy on this tomorrow.
It is just scary to think of this guy as the leader of the free world....