« More on the Blogger Roundtables & Mr. Silverstein | Main | Bleu Beau: Astroturfing? And Let The Pushback Begin »

Private Beauchamp- Requiem for a dung beetle

Posted By Uncle Jimbo • [July 26, 2007]

UPDATE: It appears that even dung beetles have fellow travelers, clown prince John Cole of Balloon Juice disparages me, poorly. But you know me, I will savage him manana.

Because some people enjoy projecting their weaknesses on me, I do not advocate that anyone hurt the pissant, let alone frag him. Give me a break people, he slimed his whole unit as scum and I pointed out that he might should watch his ass. Really, 'Ya think?

From our comments and the most excellent readers on the internets.

On a related thought, let's see if we can do something to build the morale of his unit; they're gonna need it. Maybe like what Grim did with the Marines?

FBL: you're right on target.

Uncle Jimbo: roger that

Posted by: warvet48 | July 26, 2007 at 10:30 AM

OK so now we need contact info for A Co. 1/18 for an email campaign to reboost their morale, I will look although y'all will probably scoop me. I emailed Kirk Luedeke the PAO who has been fielding questions thus far, I will advise

So he is unmasked, kudos to JD Johannes who had him pegged down to Company level. I just wonder how the other members of A Co. 1/18 feel about how their buddy Beauchamp described them. And just to note, I had this to say about this POS when this came up.

Scott Thomas is a lying sack of shit. Every unit has a Scott Thomas, the whiny pissant whose brilliance is never recognized and who is always being abused by the chain of command for stuff that's not his fault. It would be normal to hear folks  telling him to STFU and do his damn job.

Well just take a look at this little pissant's previous literary efforts, and I'll be honest I would pay good money to knock that freakin' smirk off his face.

Beauchamp Every morning I get up and say I'm Scott Beauchamp, in the army, living in Germany, and this is my life, and I'm going to be treated like shit today and do landscaping and janitorial work and practice killing people and there could be no other way to appreciate what I had or what I'm going to have once I get out other than enduring this now when all I really want to do is teach history and lay around and read and hustle around and repair the world (tikkun olam) and sift through knowledge and improve culture and learn how to sail and work in soup kitchens and start a family and really, I mean REALLY study the best the western civilization has to offer and facilitiate the mystery and power through everything I do, but I cant do it without getting through this army experience first, which will add a legitimacy to EVERYTHING i do afterwards, and totally bolster my opinions on defense, etc, and of course its making me a lot less lazy, just because im not use to being lazy any more, etc.

As I said every unit has a Private Beauchamp who is more or less universally disliked as a whiny loser. No one understands them and they are always getting screwed over. They always have aspirations to grandness coupled with an absolute uselessness and laziness that ensures they will never achieve it.

The incidents described by Private dung beetle did not happen in the way he described them, but some event containing morsels of truth did and then our fabulist enbellished it to match the narrative of the voices in his head. They tell him the war is evil and consequently he and the folks around him are compromised and now agents of evil. He was just doing his part to ensure that people get the truth as it should be, damn the facts.

That being said, my character, my experiences, and those of my comrades in arms have been called into question, and I believe that it is important to stand by my writing under my real name.

Your character, or more accurately, your complete lack of it has already been noted and your experiences, being mostly fiction matter little. If any of them happened, you will face punishment, but as we know telling BS stories is not a crime. As far as writing under your own name, as I noted above JD Johannes had already identified you down to Company (100+ troops) level and you used your first and middle names as your pseudonym you freakin' pinhead. You were already fronted out and I would assume it was some members of your unit that "politely" invited you to name yourself. You are a disgrace Beauchamp, a wannabe intellectual lacking the brainpower to do much more than embarrass yourself in public. Well Bravo, you have shown yourself to be  a back-stabbing petty BS artist. Congratulations on that. Now you need to get busy watching your back, 'cuz if you think you were disliked and unloved before......Heh. Now your time is up, we are done making fun of you, Uh buh bye.

PermalinkComments (124)TrackBack (19) Subscribe to BlackFive

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Private Beauchamp- Requiem for a dung beetle:

» http://instapundit.com/archives2/007589.php from Instapundit.com (v.2)
"SCOTT THOMAS" REVEALED, and the spin is as predicted. Plus, as Bruce Carroll notes: "The New Republic has still not corroborated anything Private Beauchamp wrote." They're hoping you won't notice that. UPDATE: More here. ANOTHER UPDATE: Mark Steyn not... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 10:44:15 AM

» http://instapundit.com/archives2/007589.php from Instapundit.com (v.2)

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 10:54:47 AM

» Who is The New Republics Scott Thomas? from Sister Toldjah
the Iraq war vet who is blogging about alleged horrible things US troops have done in Iraq that he has supposedly witnessed, like the desecration of a grave which contained the bones of murdered children? Now you know. Make sure to read that p... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 12:29:01 PM

» Scott Thomas Beauchamps; shithouse scribe from This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here
Ive been reading the stories that The New Republic published from some formerly unidentified soldier named Scott Thomas who turns out to be named Scott Thomas Beauchamps. And since theyve been published and republished across the n... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 1:17:37 PM

» A Clue - Updated from Tammi's World
If you read MilBlogs of any shape or size, I'm sure you've seen the uproar that has followed the Scott Thomas story. Well, Michelle Malkin announces that he's Stepped Out of the Shadows! They've given us a name and a... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 2:46:21 PM

» Scott Thomas Beauchamp Whiney John Coward Kerry Wannabe from Pal2pal
Here he is: Via Michel Malkin: Update 2:54pm Eastern. Ace reports that the soontobe wife of Scott Thomas Beauchamp isTNR staffer Elspeth Reeve. According to the TNR masthead, shes a reporterresearcher for the magazine. O... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 3:49:22 PM

» Punishing Scott Thomas Beauchamp from Jon Swift
What can be done to make an example of Beauchamp and give the milbloggers another notch on their belts? [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 5:16:13 PM

» 2007.07.26 Long War // Dhimm Perfidy Roundup from Bill's Bites
Scott Thomas revealed; Update: So is his blogBryan Preston He’s Private Scott Thomas Beauchamp, a member of Alpha Company, 1/18 Infantry, Second Brigade Combat Team, First Infantry Division. He’s also calling most of his critics chickenhawks, even thou... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 6:25:47 PM

» http://posseincitatus.typepad.com/posse_incitatus/2007/07/the-posse-was-m.html from Posse Incitatus
The Posse was mildly surprised to see that TNR’s “Scott Thomas” is in fact a soldier, though whether he was in Iraq and the events he described happened remains to be seen. Hot Air and others have already unearthed a [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 6:36:01 PM

» Beauchamp's Screen Test from Ace of Spades HQ
One of his first, and finest, dispatches from Baghdad. Experience the horror of war as a sergeant orders a troop to kill a child, in a scene lifted straight out of Full Metal Jacket: "Shit, I don't know...put a 556... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 7:02:12 PM

» The Kerrymandering of The New Republic from Flopping Aces
First, a definition of gerrymandering: gerrymander (jr-mndr, gr-)play_w("G0106200") tr.v. gerrymandered, gerrymandering, gerryman... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 7:14:00 PM

» Military Investigation Into the Claims of Diarist Revealed as Scott Thomas Beauchamp from Wizbang
The New Republic posted a statement from Scott Thomas Beauchamp identifying him as the Baghdad Diarist whose stories have recently sparked controversy and raised numerous questions. Michelle Malkin has reaction... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 26, 2007 7:14:16 PM

» My Last Post on Pvt Scott Thomas Beauchamp and His Stories About FOB Falcon from Blue Star Chronicles
Private Beauchamp has written his version of the actions of himself and some of the other Soldiers based out of FOB Falcon in Iraq. Im not as angry with him now that hes come forward and identified himself as the writer of the stories tha... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 27, 2007 4:38:37 PM

» Beauchamp: Milbloggers Round-up from baldilocks
One thing I’ve noticed about Scott Beauchamp’s defenders is that they are very careful not to disparage the Milbloggers--Beauchamp’s strategically stupid slam on those who’ve never been to Iraq notwithstanding--whose doubt about Beauchamp’s stories hav... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 27, 2007 6:15:41 PM

» Whos this Uncle Jimbo goon? from scott thomas - international soldier of mystery
Oh, so some chickenhawk who goes by Uncle Jimbo thinks my brothers in arms ought to frag me? Yeah prolly cause hes too dumb and lazy and chicken to bring his ass to enlist and come to Iraq himself! Hey Uncle Jimb0, http://goarmy.c... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 28, 2007 1:04:38 AM

» Who’s this Uncle Jimbo goon? from scott thomas - international soldier of mystery
Oh, so some chickenhawk who goes by “Uncle Jimbo” thinks my brothers in arms ought to frag me? Yeah prolly cause he’s too dumb and lazy and chicken to bring his ass to enlist and come to Iraq himself! [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 28, 2007 1:27:42 AM

» The Old Breed. The New Breed. from Divided We Stand United We Fall
His pseudonymous work was polished and published by The New Republic, igniting a shit-storm in the right blogosphere, who cast doubt on his story and his very existence. When Beauchamp publicly identified himself, the narrative changed to questioning m... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 29, 2007 5:10:58 PM

» GWOT Update from Pros and Cons
Iraq the Model is still sidelined by the heat (and international jet-setting, that is, if Amman counts) so news is generally restricted to the excellent comments section. Bill Roggio, on the other hand, never rests, and reports on the recent bombing a... [Read More]

Tracked on Jul 29, 2007 8:47:27 PM

» Fake, But Accurate Redux from The LLama Butchers
The New Republic's "Baghdad Diarist" has recanted his works of fantasy under oath to the U.S. Army, according to The Weekly Standard.THE WEEKLY STANDARD has learned from a military source close to the investigation that Pvt. Scott Thomas Beauchamp--aut... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 7, 2007 8:24:50 AM