« A Marine Lieutenant Writes to the New Naval Academy Midshipmen | Main | The Difference »

Hear That?

Posted By Grim • [June 15, 2007]

No?  Me either.

What I want to be hearing is grunts of pain from RCT-6's PAO, as he hefts box after box of printed-out emails supporting our Marines.  Since I'm not hearing any complaining yet, I think we need to do it harder.

You read how our Marines need, more than anything else, to hear that you love them.  By God, you ought to.  And according to my email, Col. Simcock "admonished" them into getting a separate email account set up for us, just hours after we started mailing.

Let's fill it.

UPDATE:  I've had a report from Sgt. Deboard at RCT-6.  He says they've gotten 25 emails so far.  He'd like six thousand -- one for every Marine there.

We can do six thousand.  I know you folks can make it happen, if you put your minds to it.

UPDATE 2:  Sgt. Deboard writes back:  "Getting about 1 per minute. Going to take 100 hours or so at this point. We won the first Gulf War in a shorter time than that..."

Ya'll aren't going to take that lying down, I hope.

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Hear That?:

» Grunts of Pain from MilBlogs
I want to hear some. Marines have strong arms, so we'll need to work at it with a will.... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 15, 2007 12:56:57 PM

» No More Excuses from The WatchCat
If you're reading this, you can write to our Marines and give them your support. It doesn't matter if you can't get to the post office, if you're out of paper, if you can't afford the stamp. Grim at Blackfive.net and the Public Affairs Office h... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 15, 2007 2:21:29 PM

» And Denial Ain't Just A River In Egypt.... from Villainous Company
Savor the madness.... via Glenn Reynolds POLITICO 1, LEFTY BLOGOSPHERE ZERO: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid confirmed Thursday that he told liberal bloggers last week that he thinks outgoing Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Peter Pace is "incompetent.... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 15, 2007 4:03:33 PM

» Friday Night News Links from And Rightly So!
Ive been asked to SPREAD THIS INFOJUST. DO. IT. For our Marines. I will be writing a post about this case next week. Another Terri Schiavo fiasco? I think its much more sinister. An Op/Ed from Tom Tancredo. This is... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 15, 2007 4:44:15 PM

» Fire Up the Keyboards! from Technicalities
Over at Blackfive, Grim is asking for emails! His original post is here ...throw us an e- mail, write us a letter, let us know that the American public are behind us. Because we watch the news just like everyone... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 15, 2007 7:47:35 PM

» Marines of the Fighting 6th need You! from Righty in a Lefty State
How can you help the Marines of Regimental Combat Team 6? I'm glad you asked! How about starting out with an email to tell them you support them... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 16, 2007 11:07:41 AM

» H&I* Fires 16 JUN 2007 from Argghhh! The Home Of Two Of Jonah's Military Guys..
Open post for those with something to share, updated through the day. New, complete posts come in below this one. Note: If trackbacking, please acknowledge this post in your post. That's only polite. You're advertising here, we should get an... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 16, 2007 11:39:37 AM

» Let's Kill that Server from Signal94
I hate smart-mouthed servers who think they can handle any kind of traffic. It appears the Marines have one that thinks it is immortal. I beg to differ! [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 16, 2007 1:38:54 PM

» Write! Write! Write!! from Tammi's World
I waited until today to post this, in hopes that it'll stand a better chance of being noticed. So - now that I have your attention, this is what I'm gonna need for you to do....... If you have not... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 18, 2007 9:47:21 AM

» A Simple Email Request from One Happy Dog Speaks
Sometimes it is hard to know what is legitimate and what is not. Sometimes it just doesn't matter. Someone is trying to get emails to the 6th Marine Regiment aka RCT-6. It doesn't take much effort or time to write... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 18, 2007 11:25:33 AM

» Say Thank You! from Bobo Blogger
How much time does it take to send a simple email? Then do it. Send words of support to our Marines. They need 6,000 emails. I have mailed mine, have you? Send one here: RCT-6lettersfromh@gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil Tell all your friends, your... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 18, 2007 11:41:32 AM

» A Bleg for Letters From Home from The Random Yak
Im coming in on this one a little late, folks, but thats what I get for being in the weeds. About a week ago Milblogger Blackfive sent out a request for readers and bloggers alike to e-mail letters of support to Regimental Combat Team 6 -... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 21, 2007 1:38:15 PM