« Note to Self #635 | Main | The Saddam Tapes at the Intelligence Summit »

Sasha Cohen - An Olympian You Should Know

Posted By Blackfive • [February 18, 2006]

You may or may not (I'm betting most of you fighting men do not)  know about American figure skater, Sasha Cohen.  She placed fourth in the last Winter Olympics, first in the last US Nationals and second in the last World Championships.

Obviously, she's a talented lady and great American skater.

But did you know that she adopted a soldier via Soldiers' Angels?  And considers Soldiers' Angels one of her favorite charities?

That's why you get a special shout out to watch Sasha Cohen skate on Tuesday and Wednesday next week.  Of course, we want her to win because she's an American, but she's also very concerned about supporting our troops.

So let's send her some support.

Go Sasha!

[find more people that you should know here]

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Sasha Cohen - An Olympian You Should Know:

» MOONBAT ON ICE from Michelle Malkin
Johnny Weir, the American ice skater with a crush on the old Soviet empire, failed to medal at the Olympics. On the bright side, it looks like he's got a promising future as an Air America radio host...or Cindy... [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 20, 2006 11:03:23 AM

» No Respect from The Bodie Specter
I just don't follow the Olympics as much as I used to. American skater Johnny Weir has given me reason to stop entirely... ...On the other hand, America can still be proud of Sasha Cohen [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 20, 2006 1:28:55 PM

» CCCP-Loving Wussy Weir Loses Medal from euphoricreality.net
American skater Johnny Weir failed to win a medal at Torino. Actually, failed to win isnt the right phrase. How about totally sucked? Generally, I cheer for American athletes. But in Weirs case, I hope he lo... [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 20, 2006 3:43:44 PM

» Sasha Cohen, Soldier's Angel from Small Town Veteran
Don't miss Greyhawk's post about her here (babe pics alert). I'm sorry I overlooked Holly's and Blackfive's posts earlier. Maybe they should have posted pictures too. :-) [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 22, 2006 6:42:36 PM

» Sasha: Soldier's Angel from Kim Priestap
Hat tip: Mudville Gazette. Sasha Cohen, a US Olympic ice skater, is a big supporter of our military. She adopted a soldier through the organization Soldiers' Angels: I also support Soldiers' Angels. I can’t imagine the danger our soldiers face at home ... [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 22, 2006 7:43:16 PM

» Good for Sasha Cohen for Winning Silver from Kesher Talk
That is, since she didn't hit gold. She may have screwed up two jumps in the long program, but I thought her artistry was fantastic, the best by far. ">The Times seems to disdain her. Typically, I disdain the... [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 24, 2006 12:13:08 AM

» Good for Sasha Cohen for Winning Silver from Kesher Talk
That is, since she didn't hit gold. She may have screwed up two jumps in the long program, but I thought her artistry was fantastic, the best by far. The Times seems to disdain her. Typically, I disdain the... [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 24, 2006 12:19:14 AM

» So, What's Going On? from Technicalities
I've been pretty busy the last few days, and when I'm not busy, I've been too tired to think about blog posts. Oh I've started several and after the first line - just gave them up. So, many things are... [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 25, 2006 11:36:51 AM