« Michael Yon Interview on Pundit Radio | Main | Trade Center Towers' Steel Forged Into The USS NEW YORK »

GI Gives Matt Lauer the Answer that He didn't want to hear

Posted By Blackfive • [August 17, 2005]

Dave Terron sent the link to this post at NewsBusters:

...Lauer interviewed a group of soldiers at Camp Liberty in Baghdad, and at one point asked about the state of morale. After getting two responses to the effect that morale was good, Lauer had this to say:

"Don't get me wrong, I think you're probably telling the truth, but there might be a lot of people at home wondering how that could be possible with the conditions you're facing and with the insurgent attacks you're facing. "...

After probing for a different opinion, Lauer got an answer from Sherman Powell that you can see over at NewsBusters:

"Well sir, I'd tell you, if I got my news from the newspapers also I'd be pretty depressed as well!"

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference GI Gives Matt Lauer the Answer that He didn't want to hear:

» MSM Gets the TRUTH! from Echo9er
Via NewsBusters, by way of Blackfive. I think Matt Lauer, the Today Show host, showed his true colors here. He paid a visit to Camp Liberty and interviewed a few Soldiers. After a few questions, to which he didn’t get the response he wanted, he... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 17, 2005 12:22:53 PM

» Buy That Captain a Beer! from The Daily Brief: A Military Blog Written With Intelligence And Purpose
From Newsbusters: After getting two responses to the effect that morale was good, Lauer had this to say: "Don't get me wrong, I think you're probably telling the truth, but there might be a lot of people at home wondering how that could be possible... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 17, 2005 12:46:04 PM

» The Matt Lauer Smackdown from Sons Of The Republic
It is with great pride that I tip my hat and give my best Hooaah! to Captain Sherman Powell, United States Army, currently serving a grateful nation at Camp Liberty in Baghdad. He gave the verbal equivalent of a smackdown to NBC's Matt "Hair Today, Gon... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 17, 2005 1:22:02 PM

» Be surprised by the good news from Iraq from Brutally Honest
While waiting to catch a flight, I thought I'd pass along news you're likely not to see elsewhere and there's tons of it, all taking place in just the last two weeks. A sampling of snippets include:• Society. With the [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 18, 2005 9:06:20 AM

» Be surprised by the good news from Iraq from Brutally Honest

Tracked on Aug 18, 2005 9:22:27 AM

» Lauer gets a lesson on troop morale from Sister Toldjah
You will absolutely love this! Click below to see/hear what one soldier had to say about Matt Lauer’s question on troop morale .. [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 18, 2005 1:14:39 PM

» Cruising the Blogosphere from Iraq War Today
In your travels, make a few stops at: JackArmy - to congratulate him on his 100,000th visitor, and to read about the U.S. Army Special Operations Command Noncommissioned Officer of the Year ROFASix - for some the Ruminations of Ghosts, and a li... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 19, 2005 7:24:02 AM

» Cruising the Blogosphere from Iraq War Today

Tracked on Aug 19, 2005 7:25:14 AM

» Lauer and the moral at Camp Liberty, Baghdad from Rathergate.com
Don't try to write the story before you've checked the sources. The idea is that the MSM has a tale it wants us to hear, which it has convinced itself just must be true. This is from BlackFive, a milblog which feels like a milblog. (The initial po... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 19, 2005 9:01:10 PM

» Things You Shouldn't Miss... from Blonde Sagacity
Blackfive has two great posts (well, lots of great posts, but two in particular). The first is about how Stars & Stripes reports that the Navy is building a new amphibious ship, the USS New York, that will have 10 tons of World Trade Center steel for... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 20, 2005 7:59:50 AM