« "Pull!" - Specialist Jeff Campbell | Main | Durbin Falsely Demonizes His Own Country »

MilBlogs - Blackfive's Favorites

A Repost.  Below are some of my favorite Military Bloggers - they all have a lot of good content and are worth your time to read.  BTW, if you know any that I'm missing, be sure to send an email (the Brit MilBloggers included).

Paratroppers2_1

Army In Iraq
SFC Kevin Kelly's Dixie Sappers
Thunder Six's 365 and a wakeup
Assumption of Command
Red 2 Alpha's This Is Your War
Major K's Strength and Honor
Lt Currie's Sic Vis Pace, Para Bellum
Who's Your Baghdaddy
My Vacation in Iraq
Blog Machine City
A Day In Iraq
Specialist Jason Pierce
Ma Deuce Gunner (Scouts OUT!)
Sergeant Lizzie

Phil and Becky
Jon Jivian
Ryan and Christie's Place
Chuck at TC Override

Army in Afghanistan
Firepower Forward
Argghhh! (has a contributor in the 'stan)
Going Down Range
Jean-Paul Borda
Xavier's Life In X Minor (the photo's are hilarious - saw them last week)
Sonny Louie
The Hooker and His Girl

Army
Armor Geddon (just returned from Iraq)
Jay's News From Baghdad (heading home from Iraq)
Sergeant E's Foxholes and Dogtags (in Kosovo)
American Soldier (heading to Iraq)
Grey Eagle's A Female Soldier's Story (heading to Iraq)
Watch Your Six (heading to Iraq)
Sgt Missick (just returned from Iraq)
The Questing Cat (just returned from Iraq - Jersey Cowboy got married!)
Risawn (in Kosovo)
Airborne Combat Engineer
An American Soldier
Jim's All Expenses Paid Trip to Kosovo (in, um, Kosovo)
Jason Van Steenwyk's Counter Column (OIF Vet)
Chief Wiggles (OIF Vet)
Fix Bayonets
Amber's ambotchka (just returned from Iraq)
Schadenfreude
Tim Schmoyer's Sisyphean Musings
Andrew Olmstead
Alexander the Average (OIF & OEF Vet)
Bobby's World (OEF Vet in Korea)
In Iraq for 365 (Army Journalist & OIF Vet)
Dogtulosba, ink. (Army Airborne Combat Engineer)
Darth VOB

Marines In Iraq
Howdy (Marine Cobra Pilot)
Hurl (the other Marine Cobra Pilot...)
LtCol Dave Bellon's Green Side
Hello Iraq
Team Med-fah

Marines
Mike the Marine's From the Halls to the Shores
Warrior's Voice (OIF Vet)
Southern Appeal's Joel Leggett (OIF Vet)

Navy
Joe Kane's AbleKane Blog (just returned from Iraq)
Sean Dustman's Doc in the Box (just returned from Iraq)
Smash (the Indepundit and OIF Vet)
Commander Salamander
Neptunus Lex
Chapomatic
Hamilton's Pamphlets

Air Force
Greyhawk's Mudville Gazette (just returned from Iraq)
Sgt. Stryker's Daily Brief
Dude, Where's the Beach?
Slaglerock's Slaughterhouse

Special Operations Bloggers
Froggy Ruminations (SEAL)
SF Alpha Geek (SF - back from a tour in Afghanistan)
Uncle Jimbo (SF)
JB's Sanctuary (SF)
Jack Army (SF)
Michael Yon (SF - now an embedded blogger in Iraq)

Spouse and Family and Friends Blogs
ArmyWifeToddlerMom (a favorite of mine - caution: language alert)
Trying to Grok
MarineCorpsMoms
Stryker Brigade News
Iraq War News
The Patriette
Letters to Iraq
CaliValleyGirl
Air Force Family
Kit Jarrell (also USAF vet)
Soldier's Mom
Until He Comes Home
An American In Italy
Military Bride
Homefront Six
Andi's World (Hell on Heels!)
Villainous Company
Electric Venom
Margi Lowry
Technicalities
The Carrasquillos
Most Certainly Not
A Texan Abroad
The Grass Isn't Greener

Veteran MilBloggers
Bill Roggio (Army)
Adventures of Chester (Marine)
Bill Faith's Small Town Veteran (USAF Vietnam)
Grim's Hall (Marine)
2Slick's Forum (Army Pilot OIF I&II Veteran)
Intel Dump (Army)
Baldilocks (USAF Reserves)
Fred Schoeneman (Army)
Outside the Beltway (Army)
The Gun Line (Marine)
One Hand Clapping (Army)
TacJammer (Army)
Straight White Guy (Marine)
Technography (Army)
Tom the Friendly Ghost (Army)
USMC_Vet's The Word Unheard (Marine)
Doc Russia's Bloodletting (Marine)
Major Mike (Marine)
Major Dad 1984 (Army)
Tobacco Joe at Cadillac Tight (Army)

Brit MilBloggers
Airstrip One
David Terron (veteran Highland Warrior)

Bloggers KIA
Bob Zangas
Francisco Martinez

Posted by Blackfive | June 16, 2005 in Military | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference MilBlogs - Blackfive's Favorites:

» If you're interested in milblogs.... from Media Lies
....Blackfive has a huge list, classified by branch that should keep you busy for a while. [Read More]

Tracked on April 20, 2005 08:39 PM

» Good to Know from Righty in a Lefty State
What a joy it was to find the Round-Up of Milblogs [Read More]

Tracked on April 21, 2005 11:04 AM

» MSNBC presentation from Joho the Blog
This is the bit I memorized for today's 90 seconds on MSNBC. It should be pretty close to what I actually said, short of the epithet's I involuntarily barked out. BlackFive, a right wing military blog, is running a list of about 80 blogs by military pe... [Read More]

Tracked on April 21, 2005 07:24 PM

» MSNBC presentation from Joho the Blog

Tracked on April 21, 2005 07:57 PM

» Good List of Milblogs from Banter in Atlanter
See Blackfive for a huge categorized list. Some of my recent favorites are Froggy Ruminations, SF Alpha Geek, Mudville, [Read More]

Tracked on April 21, 2005 10:15 PM

» MSNBC presentation from Joho the Blog
This is the bit I memorized for today's 90 seconds on MSNBC. It should be pretty close to what I actually said, short of the epithet's I involuntarily barked out. (PoliticalTeen has captured the video. Thanks!) BlackFive, a right wing military blog, is... [Read More]

Tracked on April 22, 2005 08:35 AM

» MilBlogs from Everyman
Blackfive - a daily stop for me - recently provided a helpful list of MilBlogs to visit. One of the more dramatic developments of the technology in this laptop of mine, brought to me as one of those who only sits in his living rooms in his pajamas, ... [Read More]

Tracked on April 27, 2005 04:48 AM

» Round the Reader - News and Views Edition from Speed of Thought
Happy Thursday! Let us see what the reader has for us today... What? Reportedly, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has either a nuclear bomb or the materials for a "dirty bomb." Yikes! [Read More]

Tracked on May 12, 2005 11:56 AM

» MilBlog Roundup from The Daily Brief: NOTICE: Spammers will be shot on sight!
By who else? Blackfive. Capt Loggie and the Corporal may have some issues with where we're listed, but this much better than being on Huggintfin's Blogroll. Lot's of reading to do I have. ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 12, 2005 02:45 PM

» 'Milbloggers' are typing their place in history from Stryker Brigade News
Link to Full Article By Mark Memmott, USA TODAY Imagine some of the soldiers who survived the Battle of Gettysburg stopping the next day to write their dramatic tales — and people around the world instantly reading them. If that... [Read More]

Tracked on May 12, 2005 04:36 PM

» An explanation to mom about my addiction to blogs from The Pink Flamingo Bar Grill
My mom spent much of the last part of April visiting me, well actually visiting the kids. They apparently have displaced me at the top of the charts with my mom and I can't say I blame her! But I digress. [Read More]

Tracked on May 13, 2005 01:04 AM

Tracked on May 13, 2005 01:07 AM

» Blackfive's favorite Mil Blogs from Airborne Combat Engineer
A-C-E is HONORED to be in Blackfive's categorized index of his favorite military blogs. Check out as many as you can, as you have time. And, congrats to Blackfive (winner of the 2004 Best Milblog Award) for having been featured [Read More]

Tracked on May 14, 2005 12:18 PM

» Blackfive's favorite Mil Blogs from Airborne Combat Engineer
A-C-E is HONORED to be in Blackfive's categorized index of his favorite military blogs. Check out as many as you can, as you have time. See an article on military bloggers (whose numbers are growing rapidly) in USA Today. [Read More]

Tracked on May 14, 2005 12:24 PM

» MILBLOGS - Blackfive's Favorites from Dadmanly
Blackfive lists his favorite MILBLOGGERS [Read More]

Tracked on May 15, 2005 02:18 PM

» MILBLOGS - Blackfive's Favorites from Dadmanly
Blackfive lists his favorite MILBLOGGERS [Read More]

Tracked on May 15, 2005 02:18 PM

» Memorial Day 2005 from Sierra Faith
Blackfive lists his favorite MilBloggers. Mudville Gazette has a post worth reading too. Winds of Change also has more ways to help the troops. ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 30, 2005 11:42 AM

» Memorial Day from Bill's Blog
Unfortunately, I find myself unable to fully articulate my feelings on this day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Instead, I thought I would link to a nice collection of weblogs of men and women... [Read More]

Tracked on May 30, 2005 01:48 PM

[Read More]

Tracked on May 30, 2005 07:33 PM

» The sun comes shining through from sisu
[Read More]

Tracked on May 30, 2005 07:36 PM

» THE MilBlog link starter kit from CDR Salamander
In honor of his MSNBC face time, I want to throw you BLACKFIVE's way for an outstanding MilBlog listing. Shameless self-promotion on my part, I know (ma'ma would be proud there, natch), but he has some primary sources that deserve a quick look whe... [Read More]

Tracked on May 31, 2005 08:20 AM

» A Big Thanks To BlackFive from SlagleRock's Slaughterhouse
Today I was catching up a little on some of my favorite Military Blogs. Matt hosts my personal favorite BlackFive. I noticed that I made his list of Favorite Military Blogs. For those of you who know the sphere and... [Read More]

Tracked on May 31, 2005 11:47 AM

» A Big Thanks To BlackFive from SlagleRock's Slaughterhouse

Tracked on May 31, 2005 11:50 AM

» A Big Thanks To BlackFive from SlagleRock's Slaughterhouse

Tracked on May 31, 2005 11:54 AM

» 'The gear liberals fear' from Guardian Unlimited: Newsblog
The adverts may be a little unnerving, but Blackfive - a blog by a former US paratrooper - has an impressive list of links to all kinds of other military blogs and sites. There are a lot of Iraq related... [Read More]

Tracked on June 1, 2005 10:39 AM

» 'The gear liberals fear' from Guardian Unlimited: Newsblog

Tracked on June 1, 2005 10:42 AM

» 'The gear liberals fear' from Guardian Unlimited: Newsblog

Tracked on June 1, 2005 10:57 AM

» Blackfive's favorites from Fedora-Pundit
The best way to get information and news about our soldiers on the front line of the war on terror is through what's called Miliblogs. Military personnel keeping weblogs. There has never ever been this level of access to soldiers in any war. One of t... [Read More]

Tracked on June 1, 2005 01:18 PM

» Favorite MilBlogs from The Indepundit
BLACKFIVE has a good list, categorized by branch of service and deployment status.... [Read More]

Tracked on June 16, 2005 11:17 AM

» Large list of military bloggers from BlogSpy.NET
We found this blog entry very interesting so we've added a Trackback to it on our site. [Read More]

Tracked on June 16, 2005 03:04 PM

» Large list of military bloggers from BlogSpy.NET

Tracked on June 16, 2005 03:06 PM

» Looking around towards the end of the day... from Argghhh! The Home Of Two Of Jonah's Military Guys..
I was pleased to see we made Blackfive's milblog list - and heartily endorse it! Rusty, over at My Pet Jawa takes the Daily Kos to the woodshed for bad math (in terms of moral equivalence). Warning - Rusty pulls... [Read More]

Tracked on June 16, 2005 04:57 PM

Tracked on June 16, 2005 05:10 PM

» Many thanks are due from Cadillac Tight
This blog has a lot to be thankful for today. First, many thanks are due to Blackfive for including us in his list of favorite Milblogs - Matt knows, of course, that the feeling is reciprocated on our part. I've... [Read More]

Tracked on June 16, 2005 07:41 PM

» Many thanks are due from Cadillac Tight

Tracked on June 16, 2005 07:55 PM

» Blackfive's milblog roundup from Murdoc Online
MilBlogs - Blackfive's Favorites This blog post is probably deserving of a bookmark in your browser. Tons of links, broken up by service and location.... [Read More]

Tracked on June 16, 2005 08:34 PM

Tracked on June 16, 2005 08:53 PM

Tracked on June 16, 2005 09:01 PM

Tracked on June 16, 2005 09:19 PM

Tracked on June 16, 2005 10:32 PM

» Catching my eye: morning A through Z from The Glittering Eye
Here's what's caught my eye this morning: AKMA continues his portrayal of early Church history in Legos, this time with the arrest of Ignatius of Antioch. I'm not making this up, you know. Austin Bay continues his trip in Iraq... [Read More]

Tracked on June 17, 2005 01:45 PM

Tracked on June 17, 2005 02:28 PM

» Some great MilBlogs from panda ponders
As you may know, Blackfive is one of the top MilBlogs … blogs by Military personnel or their family/friends. A couple days ago he re-posted his list of favorites, organized by branch or topic. ... [Read More]

Tracked on June 18, 2005 10:27 PM

» The Military Perspective from Everyman
I'm still feeling guilty about missing - until now - the series of posts at Mudville Gazette, referred to below, so that probably explains my need to prompt you to hasten over to Blackfive, one of my favorite daily reads, to get his list of milblogs ou... [Read More]

Tracked on June 25, 2005 09:12 AM

» Day 151C - Top of the Blogosphere from Wayne's World 2005
155th's Sandbox Journalist, SFC Kevin Kelly, makes the top of a popular favorite Milblogs list. [Read More]

Tracked on June 26, 2005 06:18 PM

Tracked on June 28, 2005 09:16 AM

Comments

there's also Air Force Family at

Posted by: Matthew Peek | April 20, 2005 11:15 AM

Got it.

Posted by: Blackfive | April 20, 2005 11:18 AM

I would like to add some other guys here in Iraq:

DadManly - http://dadmanly.blogspot.com/
DogHostage - http://brian.mcgovernville.com/

Posted by: Mustang 23 | April 20, 2005 11:48 AM

Okay, 23, done.

Posted by: Blackfive | April 20, 2005 12:07 PM

Mr. Blackfive,
Thanks for the #@*^ing mention.......only kidding...thank you.
ArmyWifeToddlerMom

Posted by: ArmyWifeToddlerMom | April 20, 2005 12:43 PM

Are there any British military blogs around?

Posted by: Enormous Mouse | April 20, 2005 01:00 PM

Missed Jean-Paul in Afghanistan (ANG)

Posted by: Toni | April 20, 2005 01:47 PM

Forgot there's also Airforce

Dude, Where's The Beach?

And Army
Schadenfreude-Member of the MN Mafia

Posted by: Toni | April 20, 2005 01:51 PM

Fantastic list - thanks for sharing! It's always great to hear more Sandbox bloggers and their support system. Helps me better understand what my boyfriend is going through over there. THANKS!

Posted by: Sue | April 20, 2005 04:07 PM

Xavier in Afghanistan.

Posted by: Mike | April 20, 2005 10:53 PM

Thanks for the mention! You doubled my hits for the day. I guess it's nice to have friends in high (or low) places). :)
LorelieLong

Posted by: LorelieLong | April 21, 2005 01:19 AM

Can I get in on the list too?

Posted by: HomefrontSix | April 21, 2005 04:26 AM

AWTM,

Brit milblogs? Try AirstripOne.

Posted by: CDR Salamander | April 21, 2005 07:49 PM

There's also:

Alexander the Average, MI Company Commander in the Army Reserves (Texas), OIF/OEF veteran. He talks a lot about military leadership stuff and brings some really interesting ideas.

And:

Bobby's World! Army Infantry Captain, OEF veteran. When he's not ranting about the Dodgers, he usually has some interesting perspectives on military/strategic issues.

Posted by: Lizard King | April 22, 2005 02:41 AM

Thanks for the mention! I'll be adding you to my blogroll!!

Posted by: Daniel Felten | April 23, 2005 07:28 PM

I'm a Froggy Ruminations junkie :)

Posted by: Adele | May 12, 2005 01:02 PM

Is Chester a vet? I thought he was just a Reservist between deployments. Maybe I missed it when he got out.

Joel Leggett at Southern Appeal (http://southernappeal.blogspot.com) is also a Marine officer, up for Major as I understand it. SA is not a Milblog, but a blawg (i.e., a law blog), but JL often takes on military issues.

Posted by: Grim | May 12, 2005 01:31 PM

RE Chester - I went off of his bio which didn't say anything about USMCR. I'll change it if he's a Reservist.

Posted by: Blackfive | May 12, 2005 03:01 PM

Thanks for the mention B5

Take care on your travels!

Posted by: BloodSpite | May 14, 2005 07:56 AM

Thanks MUCH for the mention. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: ACE | May 14, 2005 01:38 PM

This is a SUPER list! Thanks for posting it and giving me more reading that I could ever get to for as long as I live. Oh well, I would rather read milblogs right now anyway. Beats the heck out of the MSM =)

And a great big "THANK YOU" to all of you military folks for your service!

Posted by: Bonfire7 | May 30, 2005 02:07 PM

Hey I'm just happy to be on the blogroll. Reading nearly everyday, keep it coming.

Posted by: jbrookins | May 30, 2005 02:49 PM

Black Five thanks for the mention. I appreciate it, and you do one of the best milblogs in my opinion. :)

Happy Memorial Day where ever you are, and thanks to each and every vet that reads this!

Posted by: Rhianna | May 30, 2005 04:32 PM

I think the thanks go to you. Thank you for all you are doing. You are a true patriot. I am humbled to be mentioned amongst such brave men and women, who do so much to show their support for our Great United States. Stay safe.

Posted by: Katy | May 30, 2005 05:49 PM

Thanks for the boost.

Posted by: Major Mike | May 31, 2005 11:23 AM

Another good one from an infantry first lieutenant in Iraq:

Live from Iraq: http://www.airbornehogsociety.com/blog/index.htm

Posted by: JJR | May 31, 2005 12:45 PM

Matt,

Thanks for the mention! I appreciate the linkage. I just returned from my "terrible" TDY to Frankfurt, Germany. 3 months of good German Beer and I still managed to lose weight!

Thanks again

SlagleRock Out!

Posted by: SlagleRock | May 31, 2005 02:16 PM

I just read the best book about the military. You guys have to f*&^#@ read it.

Check it out: www.bbotw.com
Author: Johnny Coogan

Posted by: Jimmy Junk | June 5, 2005 01:53 AM

Grey Eagle's "www.afemalesoldier.com" has seemed to drop off the net. Anyone know what happened to her blog (or more importantly, to her)? I followed the blog occasionally over the several months then .... cspice46.blogspot.com redirects to afemalesoldier.com then the dreaded "Host not found" message.

Posted by: Joseph Carlet | June 16, 2005 01:13 PM

Twenty-two years USAF as crypto-linguist and zipper-suited Sun God.

Posted by: cowboy blob | June 16, 2005 01:31 PM

My favorite http://tcoverride.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Rob | June 16, 2005 01:36 PM

Thanks for the list, you had some that I did not know existed. Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll.

Posted by: Stacy Lee | June 16, 2005 03:41 PM

Well, answered my own question on "AFEMALESOLDIER.COM". Answer from Google "http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:qOteBW0bt5sJ:afemalesoldier.com/+&hl=en&start=1" Seems her hosting company booted her so is in the process of recreating her blog......

Posted by: Joseph Carlet | June 16, 2005 06:03 PM

I agree, Kevin Kelly's daily journal is must reading at our house.

Here's another one from Iraq you might want to look at: www.waynesworld2005.blogspot.com.

Posted by: Rebecca McCormick | June 16, 2005 11:15 PM

Does this mean I can Call you XO?

Posted by: Chuck | June 17, 2005 07:47 AM

I just skimmed based on blogger and blog name and didn't catch PatriotVoices by AFSpaceVet. You might want to add him under Veteran Milbloggers.

It's great to see the list catlogued. Thanks, BlackFive.

Posted by: Dusty | June 17, 2005 10:31 AM

Red Two Alpha's blog has changed. It's now tscw.blogspot.com. If you have not been out there you should take some time to read his graphic personal accounts.

Posted by: ScoobyLives | June 17, 2005 10:42 AM

Mr. Blackfive,
Thank you again for the linkage, it is always appreciated.

I am watching Media Slander, and am glad you are part of it. We need good people on our side.

Posted by: ArmyWifeToddlerMom | June 17, 2005 11:28 AM

A couple others, though they haven't been blogging much lately:

My War (Colby Buzzell)

Scottish Tanker Hooligans

And there's a nice Army blogger outlet called ArmyAdvice.org Serving the Soldier which hosts 34 bloggers.

Oh and the Patriot Voices from my earlier comment is at:

Posted by: Dusty | June 17, 2005 12:48 PM

Blackfive,

A well-deserved happy second anniversary! You were one of the inspirations for my launching my own blog (JammedGun) a couple days ago. There is a link to your blog posted and my blog has also been approved for MilBlogs affiliation. I am an AF vet and the father of an Army son (currently serving in Iraq). God bless the USA -- gunjam

Posted by: gunjam | June 18, 2005 01:15 PM

Sorry: my url is: http://jammedgun.blogspot.com/

Posted by: gunjam | June 18, 2005 01:18 PM

Blackfive...

Thank you for the nod as being a favorite...guess I need to get back to posting more regularly to stay in your good graces!

Take care and keep up the fire!

Truth and courage.