« Newt Gingrich Answers Blackfive's Question | Main | SSG Elissa Lonsdale - Soldier, Medic and an Author You Should Know »

MilBlogger Wounded

Posted By Blackfive • [June 22, 2005]

Army Captain Chuck Ziegenfuss (who's MilBlog is TC Override) was wounded in Iraq yesterday.

His wounds were significant enough to be evac'd to Germany.  His wife, Carren, wrote the following on his blog:

This is Carren writing to tell Chuck's faithful readers that he has been injured, but is in stable condition. I won't give details for fear of misinformation (and the fact that this can be accessed by millions of people).

In general... Chuck sustained shrapnel wounds to his legs and arms from an IED. He and an Iraqi civilian were the only ones injured. The Good Lord above was looking out for him in a BIG way! He is probably in Landstuhl (sp?), Germany by now and will be back in the states in the next week to 10 days (as far as I know right now). He still has his eyesite and has not sustained internal injuries that I know of. I have not talked to him yet... they have kept him sedated for his trip to Germany, as well as for pain management. He also has some injuries to his face, but I think it is just bruised/scratched up quite a bit.

On the homefront, we are all hangin in there. I have incredible support from family and friends and I feel very blessed. The fact that Chuck is still alive makes this bearable, all things considered. I hope to hear from him in the next 24-48 hours. I will keep you all posted as often as possible.

I ask your prayers for Chuck... strength, courage, quick recovery, his mental state, etc. For me, I just need strength to get through the unknown road ahead. The hardest part so far was telling our 5 year old son Creighton that his daddy was injured. He has a lot of questions, obviously, and I answer them the best way I know how. He is too smart to lie to, but definitely does not need all the details.

Just so everyone knows, Chuck did not lose his humor in all of this mess... I was told the first thing he asked when he was pulled from the canal (the blast blew him into a canal) was: "Be honest with me, guys. Do I still have my face and my 'package'?" That is sooooo Chuck. Always worried about his "manliness."

That's all I have for now. Please keep him and all of our deployed men and women in your prayers. I never thought my husband was immune to injury, but this was definitely a shock to the whole family.

Take care and God Bless,
Carren (a.k.a. The Mrs.)

So, please, go on over to TC Override and leave a message of support.

Update: Chuck's wife, Carren, has posted a detailed update on his condition.

[This post will stay at the top all day.  Thanks to the twenty MilBloggers who sent me the link this morning.]

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference MilBlogger Wounded:

» Milblogger Injured in Iraq from e u p h o r i c r e a l i t y . n e t
Army Captain Chuck Ziegenfuss, from TC Override, was injured in Iraq by an IED. He sustained shrapnel wounds to his legs and arms, and was medevac'd to Landstuhl Army Hospital. His wife put up a post for all of us fellow milbloggers that are worried ... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 11:24:13 AM

» MilBlogger Wounded from The Indepundit
ARMY CAPTAIN CHUCK ZIEGENFUSS (TC Override) was injured in Iraq yesterday. Chuck sustained shrapnel wounds to his legs and arms from an IED. He and an Iraqi civilian were the only ones injured. The Good Lord above was looking out... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 11:35:34 AM

» MilBlogger Wounded from The Indepundit

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 11:39:03 AM

» Sorcerer of Sticking Your Head and Arms Out ... from NIF
Today's dose of NIF - News, Interesting & Funny ... I got my winch! [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 12:21:29 PM

» MilBlogger Wounded from The Indepundit

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 12:34:54 PM

» Milblogger Wounded from Scotts Conservative News & Commentary
Monday night, I was wandering around the blogosphere and ran across an awesome milblog, TCOverride, written by Army Captain Chuck Ziegenfuss. Unfortunately, I found out today via Blackfive that Captain Ziegenfuss has been wounded in Iraq. While i... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 3:17:30 PM

» Milblogger Wounded from Scotts Conservative News & Commentary

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 3:18:47 PM

» MilBlogger Down... Not Out... from The Gun Line
Captain Chuck (TCOverride) had an arguement with an IED... Round One went to the IED, but the fight ain't over by a long shot... Send some lovin' to Chuck, Carren and the family! [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 6:47:59 PM

» Milblogger Wounded from Iraq War Today
Be sure to go to BlackFive for information on Captain Chuck Ziegenfuss of TCOverride, who was wounded in Iraq. Matt has an update on his condition, as well as a link to his site. You can leave a message of support for Chuck and his wife at Chuck's bl... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 7:05:16 PM

» MilBogger wounded in IED attack – Recovering in La from CDR Salamander
…..the first thing he asked when he was pulled from the canal (the blast blew him into a canal) was: "Be honest with me, guys. Do I still have my face and my 'package'?" Army Captain Chuck Ziegenfuss of From My Position... On the way! was wo... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 22, 2005 7:53:43 PM

» Milblogger injured in Iraq from Danny Carlton (aka Jack Lewis)
From “From My Position...On the Way” This is Carren writing to tell Chuck's faithful readers that he has been injured,... [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 23, 2005 8:34:08 AM

» Milblogger Injured from Mistakes Were Made
A Milblogger I link to has been injured in Iraq. CPT Chuck Ziegenfuss, author of From My Position...On the Way! received substantial but non-life threatening injuries when an IED was detonated next to his vehicle. [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 23, 2005 10:24:08 AM

» ehhunfqisuy from ieqotuza
oaunlfip [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 29, 2005 4:09:14 AM

» ehhunfqisuy from ieqotuza
oaunlfip [Read More]

Tracked on Jun 29, 2005 4:09:52 AM

» Ahmadinejad Calls Holocaust a "Myth" from some of Ahmadinejad's
he told reporters. Aljazeera has assembled some of Ahmadinejad's greatest hits. Related: Petrified [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 23, 2006 7:25:40 AM

» W3 Search Engines XML from People/Web Search
... meta-search engine, includes a submission page, searching for people and ... Alex - Alex Catalogue of Electronic texts (previously Gopher Catalog of ... [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 26, 2006 2:49:21 PM

» mp3 and music related news and tools from mp3 downloads, mp3 download, mp3 songs
Mp3 downloads, mp3 download, mp3 songs, download muziek downloaden, mp3s, mp3 music, mp3 files, mp3 search, download music... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 2, 2006 1:58:10 PM

» Full Albums Archive from MP3 Album Finder
Enter Artist or Song or Album name to search: ... Download VA - –усска€ коллекци€ 4 «олотой шл€гер 70 х (1973 1979) mp3 ... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 3, 2006 4:10:09 AM

» New Version of ESRI GIS Portal Toolkit Now Available from Improved Handling
ffers Improved Handling of Metadata and Additional Platform Compatibility [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 6, 2006 10:00:33 AM

» Time to stop the Vinsanity from and that pretty
Heat, 102-92, and that pretty much does it. They will travel down to Miami now, likely [Read More]

Tracked on May 19, 2006 2:28:28 PM