« Opening the Gates of Heaven | Main | Blackfive on MSNBC's Connected »

MilBlogs - Blackfive's Favorites

Below are some of my favorite Military Bloggers - they all have a lot of good content and are worth your time to read:

Paratroppers2_1

Army In Iraq
SFC Kevin Kelly's Dixie Sappers
Thunder Six's 365 and a wakeup
Assumption of Command
Red 2 Alpha's This Is Your War
Major K's Strength and Honor
Lt Currie's Sic Vis Pace, Para Bellum
Who's Your Baghdaddy
My Vacation in Iraq
Blog Machine City
A Day In Iraq
Specialist Jason Pierce
Ma Deuce Gunner (Scouts OUT!)
Sergeant Lizzie

SoldierGrrrl
Phil and Becky
Jon Jivian
Ryan and Christie's Place

Army in Afghanistan
Firepower Forward
Argghhh! (has a contributor in the 'stan)
Going Down Range
Jean-Paul Borda
Xavier's Life In X Minor (the photo's are hilarious - saw them last week)

Army
Armor Geddon (just returned from Iraq)
Jay's News From Baghdad (heading home from Iraq)
Sergeant E's Foxholes and Dogtags (in Kosovo)
American Soldier (heading to Iraq)
Grey Eagle's A Female Soldier's Story (heading to Iraq)
Watch Your Six (heading to Iraq)
Sgt Missick (just returned from Iraq)
The Questing Cat (just returned from Iraq - Jersey Cowboy got married!)
Risawn (in Kosovo)
Airborne Combat Engineer
An American Soldier
Jim's All Expenses Paid Trip to Kosovo (in, um, Kosovo)
Jason Van Steenwyk's Counter Column (OIF Vet)
Chief Wiggles (OIF Vet)
Fix Bayonets
Amber's ambotchka (just returned from Iraq)
Schadenfreude
Tim Schmoyer's Sisyphean Musings
Andrew Olmstead
Alexander the Average (OIF & OEF Vet)
Bobby's World (OEF Vet in Korea)
In Iraq for 365 (Army Journalist & OIF Vet)
Dogtulosba, ink. (Army Airborne Combat Engineer)
Darth VOB

Marines In Iraq
Howdy (Marine Cobra Pilot)
Hurl (the other Marine Cobra Pilot...)
LtCol Dave Bellon's Green Side
Hello Iraq

Marines
Mike the Marine's From the Halls to the Shores
Warrior's Voice (OIF Vet)
Southern Appeal's Joel Leggett (OIF Vet)

Navy
Joe Kane's AbleKane Blog (just returned from Iraq)
Sean Dustman's Doc in the Box (just returned from Iraq)
Smash (the Indepundit and OIF Vet)
Commander Salamander
Neptunus Lex
Chapomatic

Air Force
Greyhawk's Mudville Gazette (just returned from Iraq)
Sgt. Stryker's Daily Brief
Dude, Where's the Beach?
Slaglerock's Slaughterhouse

Special Operations Bloggers
Froggy Ruminations (SEAL)
SF Alpha Geek (SF - back from a tour in Afghanistan)
Uncle Jimbo (SF)
JB's Sanctuary (SF)
Jack Army (SF)
Michael Yon (SF - now an embedded blogger in Iraq)

Spouse and Family and Friends Blogs
ArmyWifeToddlerMom (a favorite of mine - caution: language alert)
Trying to Grok
MarineCorpsMoms
Stryker Brigade News
Iraq War News
The Patriette
Letters to Iraq
CaliValleyGirl
Air Force Family
Kit Jarrell (also USAF vet)
Soldier's Mom
Until He Comes Home
An American In Italy
Military Bride
Homefront Six
Andi's World (Hell on Heels!)
Villainous Company
Electric Venom
Margi Lowry
Technicalities
The Carrasquillos
Most Certainly Not
A Texan Abroad
The Grass Isn't Greener

Veteran MilBloggers
Bill Roggio (Army)
Adventures of Chester (Marine)
Bill Faith's Small Town Veteran (USAF Vietnam)
Grim's Hall (Marine)
2Slick's Forum (Army Pilot OIF I&II Veteran)
Intel Dump (Army)
Baldilocks (USAF Reserves)
Fred Schoeneman (Army)
Outside the Beltway (Army)
The Gun Line (Marine)
One Hand Clapping (Army)
TacJammer (Army)
Straight White Guy (Marine)
Technography (Army)
Tom the Friendly Ghost (Army)
USMC_Vet's The Word Unheard (Marine)
Doc Russia's Bloodletting (Marine)
Major Mike (Marine)
Major Dad 1984 (Army)

Brit MilBloggers
Airstrip One
David Terron (veteran Highland Warrior)

Bloggers KIA
Bob Zangas
Francisco Martinez

Posted by Blackfive | May 30, 2005 in Military | Permalink

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference MilBlogs - Blackfive's Favorites:

» If you're interested in milblogs.... from Media Lies
....Blackfive has a huge list, classified by branch that should keep you busy for a while. [Read More]

Tracked on April 20, 2005 08:39 PM

» Good to Know from Righty in a Lefty State
What a joy it was to find the Round-Up of Milblogs [Read More]

Tracked on April 21, 2005 11:04 AM

» MSNBC presentation from Joho the Blog
This is the bit I memorized for today's 90 seconds on MSNBC. It should be pretty close to what I actually said, short of the epithet's I involuntarily barked out. BlackFive, a right wing military blog, is running a list of about 80 blogs by military pe... [Read More]

Tracked on April 21, 2005 07:24 PM

» MSNBC presentation from Joho the Blog

Tracked on April 21, 2005 07:57 PM

» Good List of Milblogs from Banter in Atlanter
See Blackfive for a huge categorized list. Some of my recent favorites are Froggy Ruminations, SF Alpha Geek, Mudville, [Read More]

Tracked on April 21, 2005 10:15 PM

» MSNBC presentation from Joho the Blog
This is the bit I memorized for today's 90 seconds on MSNBC. It should be pretty close to what I actually said, short of the epithet's I involuntarily barked out. (PoliticalTeen has captured the video. Thanks!) BlackFive, a right wing military blog, is... [Read More]

Tracked on April 22, 2005 08:35 AM

» MilBlogs from Everyman
Blackfive - a daily stop for me - recently provided a helpful list of MilBlogs to visit. One of the more dramatic developments of the technology in this laptop of mine, brought to me as one of those who only sits in his living rooms in his pajamas, ... [Read More]

Tracked on April 27, 2005 04:48 AM

» Round the Reader - News and Views Edition from Speed of Thought
Happy Thursday! Let us see what the reader has for us today... What? Reportedly, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has either a nuclear bomb or the materials for a "dirty bomb." Yikes! [Read More]

Tracked on May 12, 2005 11:56 AM

» MilBlog Roundup from The Daily Brief: NOTICE: Spammers will be shot on sight!
By who else? Blackfive. Capt Loggie and the Corporal may have some issues with where we're listed, but this much better than being on Huggintfin's Blogroll. Lot's of reading to do I have. ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 12, 2005 02:45 PM

» 'Milbloggers' are typing their place in history from Stryker Brigade News
Link to Full Article By Mark Memmott, USA TODAY Imagine some of the soldiers who survived the Battle of Gettysburg stopping the next day to write their dramatic tales — and people around the world instantly reading them. If that... [Read More]

Tracked on May 12, 2005 04:36 PM

» An explanation to mom about my addiction to blogs from The Pink Flamingo Bar Grill
My mom spent much of the last part of April visiting me, well actually visiting the kids. They apparently have displaced me at the top of the charts with my mom and I can't say I blame her! But I digress. [Read More]

Tracked on May 13, 2005 01:04 AM

Tracked on May 13, 2005 01:07 AM

» Blackfive's favorite Mil Blogs from Airborne Combat Engineer
A-C-E is HONORED to be in Blackfive's categorized index of his favorite military blogs. Check out as many as you can, as you have time. And, congrats to Blackfive (winner of the 2004 Best Milblog Award) for having been featured [Read More]

Tracked on May 14, 2005 12:18 PM

» Blackfive's favorite Mil Blogs from Airborne Combat Engineer
A-C-E is HONORED to be in Blackfive's categorized index of his favorite military blogs. Check out as many as you can, as you have time. See an article on military bloggers (whose numbers are growing rapidly) in USA Today. [Read More]

Tracked on May 14, 2005 12:24 PM

» MILBLOGS - Blackfive's Favorites from Dadmanly
Blackfive lists his favorite MILBLOGGERS [Read More]

Tracked on May 15, 2005 02:18 PM

» MILBLOGS - Blackfive's Favorites from Dadmanly
Blackfive lists his favorite MILBLOGGERS [Read More]

Tracked on May 15, 2005 02:18 PM

» Memorial Day 2005 from Sierra Faith
Blackfive lists his favorite MilBloggers. Mudville Gazette has a post worth reading too. Winds of Change also has more ways to help the troops. ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 30, 2005 11:42 AM

» Memorial Day from Bill's Blog
Unfortunately, I find myself unable to fully articulate my feelings on this day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Instead, I thought I would link to a nice collection of weblogs of men and women... [Read More]

Tracked on May 30, 2005 01:48 PM

[Read More]

Tracked on May 30, 2005 07:33 PM

» The sun comes shining through from sisu
[Read More]

Tracked on May 30, 2005 07:36 PM

» THE MilBlog link starter kit from CDR Salamander
In honor of his MSNBC face time, I want to throw you BLACKFIVE's way for an outstanding MilBlog listing. Shameless self-promotion on my part, I know (ma'ma would be proud there, natch), but he has some primary sources that deserve a quick look whe... [Read More]

Tracked on May 31, 2005 08:20 AM

» A Big Thanks To BlackFive from SlagleRock's Slaughterhouse
Today I was catching up a little on some of my favorite Military Blogs. Matt hosts my personal favorite BlackFive. I noticed that I made his list of Favorite Military Blogs. For those of you who know the sphere and... [Read More]

Tracked on May 31, 2005 11:47 AM

» A Big Thanks To BlackFive from SlagleRock's Slaughterhouse

Tracked on May 31, 2005 11:50 AM

» A Big Thanks To BlackFive from SlagleRock's Slaughterhouse

Tracked on May 31, 2005 11:54 AM

» 'The gear liberals fear' from Guardian Unlimited: Newsblog
The adverts may be a little unnerving, but Blackfive - a blog by a former US paratrooper - has an impressive list of links to all kinds of other military blogs and sites. There are a lot of Iraq related... [Read More]

Tracked on June 1, 2005 10:39 AM

» 'The gear liberals fear' from Guardian Unlimited: Newsblog

Tracked on June 1, 2005 10:42 AM

» 'The gear liberals fear' from Guardian Unlimited: Newsblog

Tracked on June 1, 2005 10:57 AM

» Blackfive's favorites from Fedora-Pundit
The best way to get information and news about our soldiers on the front line of the war on terror is through what's called Miliblogs. Military personnel keeping weblogs. There has never ever been this level of access to soldiers in any war. One of t... [Read More]

Tracked on June 1, 2005 01:18 PM

Comments

there's also Air Force Family at

Posted by: Matthew Peek | April 20, 2005 11:15 AM

Got it.

Posted by: Blackfive | April 20, 2005 11:18 AM

I would like to add some other guys here in Iraq:

DadManly - http://dadmanly.blogspot.com/
DogHostage - http://brian.mcgovernville.com/

Posted by: Mustang 23 | April 20, 2005 11:48 AM

Okay, 23, done.

Posted by: Blackfive | April 20, 2005 12:07 PM

Mr. Blackfive,
Thanks for the #@*^ing mention.......only kidding...thank you.
ArmyWifeToddlerMom

Posted by: ArmyWifeToddlerMom | April 20, 2005 12:43 PM

Are there any British military blogs around?

Posted by: Enormous Mouse | April 20, 2005 01:00 PM

Missed Jean-Paul in Afghanistan (ANG)

Posted by: Toni | April 20, 2005 01:47 PM

Forgot there's also Airforce

Dude, Where's The Beach?

And Army
Schadenfreude-Member of the MN Mafia

Posted by: Toni | April 20, 2005 01:51 PM

Fantastic list - thanks for sharing! It's always great to hear more Sandbox bloggers and their support system. Helps me better understand what my boyfriend is going through over there. THANKS!

Posted by: Sue | April 20, 2005 04:07 PM

Xavier in Afghanistan.

Posted by: Mike | April 20, 2005 10:53 PM

Thanks for the mention! You doubled my hits for the day. I guess it's nice to have friends in high (or low) places). :)
LorelieLong

Posted by: LorelieLong | April 21, 2005 01:19 AM

Can I get in on the list too?

Posted by: HomefrontSix | April 21, 2005 04:26 AM

AWTM,

Brit milblogs? Try AirstripOne.

Posted by: CDR Salamander | April 21, 2005 07:49 PM

There's also:

Alexander the Average, MI Company Commander in the Army Reserves (Texas), OIF/OEF veteran. He talks a lot about military leadership stuff and brings some really interesting ideas.

And:

Bobby's World! Army Infantry Captain, OEF veteran. When he's not ranting about the Dodgers, he usually has some interesting perspectives on military/strategic issues.

Posted by: Lizard King | April 22, 2005 02:41 AM

Thanks for the mention! I'll be adding you to my blogroll!!

Posted by: Daniel Felten | April 23, 2005 07:28 PM

I'm a Froggy Ruminations junkie :)

Posted by: Adele | May 12, 2005 01:02 PM

Is Chester a vet? I thought he was just a Reservist between deployments. Maybe I missed it when he got out.

Joel Leggett at Southern Appeal (http://southernappeal.blogspot.com) is also a Marine officer, up for Major as I understand it. SA is not a Milblog, but a blawg (i.e., a law blog), but JL often takes on military issues.

Posted by: Grim | May 12, 2005 01:31 PM

RE Chester - I went off of his bio which didn't say anything about USMCR. I'll change it if he's a Reservist.

Posted by: Blackfive | May 12, 2005 03:01 PM

Thanks for the mention B5

Take care on your travels!

Posted by: BloodSpite | May 14, 2005 07:56 AM

Thanks MUCH for the mention. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: ACE | May 14, 2005 01:38 PM

This is a SUPER list! Thanks for posting it and giving me more reading that I could ever get to for as long as I live. Oh well, I would rather read milblogs right now anyway. Beats the heck out of the MSM =)

And a great big "THANK YOU" to all of you military folks for your service!

Posted by: Bonfire7 | May 30, 2005 02:07 PM

Hey I'm just happy to be on the blogroll. Reading nearly everyday, keep it coming.

Posted by: jbrookins | May 30, 2005 02:49 PM

Black Five thanks for the mention. I appreciate it, and you do one of the best milblogs in my opinion. :)

Happy Memorial Day where ever you are, and thanks to each and every vet that reads this!

Posted by: Rhianna | May 30, 2005 04:32 PM

I think the thanks go to you. Thank you for all you are doing. You are a true patriot. I am humbled to be mentioned amongst such brave men and women, who do so much to show their support for our Great United States. Stay safe.

Posted by: Katy | May 30, 2005 05:49 PM

Thanks for the boost.

Posted by: Major Mike | May 31, 2005 11:23 AM

Another good one from an infantry first lieutenant in Iraq:

Live from Iraq: http://www.airbornehogsociety.com/blog/index.htm

Posted by: JJR | May 31, 2005 12:45 PM

Matt,

Thanks for the mention! I appreciate the linkage. I just returned from my "terrible" TDY to Frankfurt, Germany. 3 months of good German Beer and I still managed to lose weight!

Thanks again

SlagleRock Out!

Posted by: SlagleRock | May 31, 2005 02:16 PM

I just read the best book about the military. You guys have to f*&^#@ read it.

Check it out: www.bbotw.com