« Zell Miller Blogger Interview Part 2 | Main | Gunner Palace Updates »

Media Slander - Enough Is Enough!

Posted By Blackfive • [May 25, 2005]

"Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life.  It is far better that you fear the media for they will steal your honor."  - Bobby McBride, Crew Chief, 128th Assault Helicopter Company, RVN 1969-1970

Attention on the Net, this is Blackfive...

People that know me know that I usually can maintain my composure during most circumstances.  But on a phone call with Bill Roggio of the Fourth Rail and Winds of Change, in reference to Linda Foley (after her "clarification" of her slanderous statement), I actually lost it a bit and Sergeant Blackfive came out swinging, "Can you @#$%ing believe this @#$%???!!!!".

That's what I think I said the first time I ever spoke to Bill Roggio on the phone.  Of course, Bill understood my sentiment all too well.  I think that we had hoped that we wouldn't need to band back together again.

When EasonGate was finished with the resignation of Eason Jordan from CNN, the EasonGate team disbanded.  I was naive enough to think that there wasn't that much reason to stick together over this.  The media reacted to the EG story (mostly in Jordan's defense), and, in one interview with a prominent national magazine, the author kept trying to get me to gloat about EasonGate...I take pleasure in ensuring that our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines aren't slandered.  I don't take pleasure in spending my valuable time ensuring that people, who are supposed to be dedicated to uncovering and reporting the truth, don't malign our good troops.

Unfortunately, the EasonGate team disbanded too soon.  There's an underlying anti-military current in some of the Main Stream Media.  Whether it's the editors or the management or the journalists, it's there.  Whether it's due to hatred of George Bush or big business or the government, it's there.  One journalist on this site commented that it was a result of the mistrust of the military from the Viet Nam war (and he's not one of them, BTW).

I don't really care for what the motivation is...I just want them to give the military a fair shake.  No suppositions, no lies, just the truth.  I want them to do their job.

We gave the MSM time to react to Linda Foley.  With the exception of a few sources, there wasn't much out there.  Maybe they agreed with her, didn't care, or thought it wasn't newsworthy...

We just couldn't sit there and let her comments stand.

MediaSlander is born.

Below is our Purpose.  There is also a Timeline and a lot of information so be sure to check the site.

The goal of Media Slander is to hold journalists and bloggers to high ethical standards regarding coverage of the   War on Terror and other military-related issues. We plan to achieve this by highlighting bias, rumor and falsehoods   that have been creeping into military coverage under the guise of objective news.

We by no means advocate censorship or the deliberate suppression of well-researched and relevant stories about the   war and the military.

As much as journalists feel that they are the guardians of the First Amendment, its true protectors are standing   watch in Iraq, Afghanistan and places no one will ever hear about. Journalists owe it to the true gatekeepers of our   liberties to be fair, balanced, relevant and accurate in covering them.

Signed,
   The entire staff of MediaSlander.com

Bill Roggio
   Blackfive
   Brian Scott
   Charles Goggin
   Kevin Craver
   LaShawn Barber
   Mike Krempasky
   Roger Morrow
   USMC_Vet
   Winds Of Change.NET

So, what's the next step?

We have a plan.  We have the will.  And, hopefully, we have you to help us.  This post is your Warning OrderOperation Order to follow...

Blackfive Out.

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Media Slander - Enough Is Enough!:

» Media Slander from The Daily Brief: NOTICE: Spammers will be shot on sight!
They're just starting up, but ya gotta love their Purpose Statement: The goal of Media Slander is to hold journalists and bloggers to high ethical standards regarding coverage of the War on Terror and other military-related issues. We plan to ach... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 11:15:26 AM

» Fighting Media Slander from The Fourth Rail
I really wish I didn’t have to do this. After Eason Jordan’s resignation for his slanderous remarks accusing the US military of intentionally targeting journalists without backing up his assertions with evidence, I had hoped the mainstream media wo... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 11:34:00 AM

» MediaSlander - BlackFive Helping to Hold the Media from Iraq War Today
BlackFive is taking a major step in the war against biased media - check out these excerpts from today's post - Media Slander - Enough is Enough! [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 11:48:06 AM

» Fighting Media Slander from The Fourth Rail

Tracked on May 25, 2005 1:19:43 PM

» EasonGate Part Two from Most Certainly Not
The mainstream media is at it again, but their slanderous shots will not go unanswered. This call to arms issued by a fed-up military wife to her readers is chock full of information... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 1:20:50 PM

» New from BlackFive -- The MediaSlander Weblog from The Big Picture

"NEW FROM BLACKFIVE -- THE MEDIASLANDER WEBLOG:":http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/05/media_slander_e.html bq. The goal of Media Slander is to hold journalists and bloggers to high ethical standards regarding coverage of the War ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 1:39:15 PM

» Media Slander from My Newz 'n Ideas
Media Slander is a site that has been created so we can take a proactive stand in this war against the "news." This is a site in which was painstakingly slow in coming, but the MSM (main street media) has forced the hand of many good, honest, patriot m... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 1:42:18 PM

» Media Slander is Born from 21st Century Paladin
Blackfive and others have formed Media Slander. From their Purpose page: The goal of Media Slander is to hold journalists and bloggers to high ethical standards regarding coverage of the War on Terror and other military-related issues. We plan to ach... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 3:26:08 PM

» Warning Order Issued from A Texan Abroad
Warning Order given by Blackfive. Awaiting further instructions, and our Operation Order. Media Slander is BORN! I will do my utmost to honor their Statement of Purpose. I request all Milbloggers, and those that blog in support of the US military ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 3:30:11 PM

» The smear of this generation of veterans builds from CDR Salamander
Taking out their tried and true smear template, the Hollywood Left and their fellow travelers are starting out to libel today's veterans just like they did Vietnam veterans. I don't think they can help themselves. For the sake of this post, it wou... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 3:36:08 PM

» Media Slander from Balloon Juice
I am hard pressed to find anything wrong with this mission statement: The goal of Media Slander is to hold... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 4:48:45 PM

» The Insidious Nature of Slander in the Media from Technicalities
When the news reports first came out about Eason Jordan's slander against the military (...you remember... the little closed door speech he gave in Davos about the US Military intentionally targeting and attempting to kill journalists) I knew then, thi... [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 4:51:46 PM

» Media Slander from Balloon Juice

Tracked on May 25, 2005 4:53:33 PM

» Media Slander from Balloon Juice

Tracked on May 25, 2005 4:54:55 PM

» Media Slander from Balloon Juice

Tracked on May 25, 2005 4:55:16 PM

» The reluctant warrior step forward from Posse Incitatus
Blackfive has just thrown down the gauntlet to the mainstream media: [Read More]

Tracked on May 25, 2005 10:38:51 PM

» The reluctant warriors step forward from Posse Incitatus

Tracked on May 25, 2005 10:40:26 PM

» Listen to BlackFive's Net Call from Assumption of Command
The EasonGate team is back together to dispell the filth that tends to come from the media. While they try to staff their 5 paragraph operations order, go check out their site. [Read More]

Tracked on May 26, 2005 1:46:04 AM

» Warning Order: Media Slander from The Laughing Wolf
Enough is enough. The folks behind Easongate have come together again to tackle the problem of anti-military bias in the Old Media. Check it out, and I for one look forward to seeing their ops order. May they not let... [Read More]

Tracked on May 26, 2005 5:24:41 AM

» Warning Order from Prince Pundit
Matt at BlackFive issues a “Warning Order” to friends and especially MilBloggers. He and the gang who created EasonGate have reunited to from a new endeavor called MediaSlander [Read More]

Tracked on May 26, 2005 7:28:30 AM

» Dealing with Media Slander from Righty in a Lefty State
Matt at Blackfive has issued a Warning Order, to ready the net-troops in support of ... Media Slander - Enough is Enough ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 26, 2005 8:09:39 AM

» Media Slander Is A Go from The Silent Republican
Blackfive among other right slanted and military supporting bloggers have united into a single faction. That faction is Media SLander. They are dedicated to truth in journalism and blogs. They are dedicated to keeping the good name of the U.S. Military... [Read More]

Tracked on May 26, 2005 11:29:48 AM

» What's interesting today... from Argghhh! The Home Of Two Of Jonah's Military Guys..
1. SWWBO will be back from London tonight! 2. The hand doesn't hurt, at least yet! 3. Most of you have probably already read this at Blackfive's, but I owe him the link to push it up Google. Team EasonGate... [Read More]

Tracked on May 27, 2005 9:31:01 AM

Tracked on May 27, 2005 9:36:55 AM

Tracked on May 27, 2005 9:40:34 AM

» Negative Media? from Babalu Blog
It wasnt until I was about halfway thorugh my ride to work this morning that I realized I didnt have my sports talk station on the radio. I hadnt noticed that I was listening to a local spanish language station,... [Read More]

Tracked on May 27, 2005 11:42:43 AM

1. SWWBO will be back from London tonight! 2. The hand doesn't hurt, at least yet! Looks nasty, though. Oh, go ahead. Look. You know you want to... 3. Most of you have probably already read this at Blackfive's, but... [Read More]

Tracked on May 27, 2005 12:25:14 PM