« New Mass Graves Uncovered In Iraq | Main | Marine's Take Care Of Their Own »

BlogNashville

Posted By Blackfive • [May 07, 2005]

While I'm not in Nashville, I am watching via UserPlane and Military WebCOM...Greyhawk just joined us and offered to buy drinks (it's 4 PM where he is).  Thanks to Tara and Ross for helping us keep connected!

Blogs making money is an area of concern - one woman seems to be focused on the negative (reaching critical mass).  Stories of six figure bloggers.

I might keep updating this post as the MilBlog session begins...

Eh.  Nice shirt Tim!

Glenn Reynolds has a tie that would rival Smash's wardrobe (scroll down to see a reference)...

Got to speak (via my mic which was delayed and had feedback) to the attendees of the MilBlog session.  The value of MilBlogs (outside of the military community) is still somewhat of a question.  I mentioned that I hear from the military men and women, spouses, parents, and the veterans (there are millions and millions of them) that want to stay connected to the military and the good that they are doing.  Opportunity?  You betcha.

I also mentioned 300 emails that I receive per day.  That's an estimate.  Not including spam.  Right now I have 231 unread messages (new) and 2303 spam messages in my GMail account.  Not complaining, just explaining.

Robin spoke (and facilitated much of the discussions) about the traditional concept that military men and women stay out of politics.  I commented in the chat room that the idea would have held but we were at war and John Kerry was running for President.  I think that was cause for the gloves coming off...

Mustang 23 spoke all the way from Iraq.  I think we were all pleasantly surprised by his "appearance".

Jarhead Dad, Brogonzo, Barcepundit (as in Barcelona - one of my favorite cities), and THE Buzz Patterson joined us.

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference BlogNashville :

» Brogonzo and the Big Dogs at Blog Nashville from A Healthy Alternative to Work
I just had the rather singular opportunity of not only watching and listening in to Blog Nashville's section on military bloggers, but also joining in, along with Greyhawk, Blackfive, and Mustang 32, among many others! [Read More]

Tracked on May 7, 2005 1:48:22 PM

» Blog Nashville from Assumption of Command
So there I was. I just finished up my work for the day and I sat back in my chair to relax. I decided to so what has been going on in the Milblog world at the time. [Read More]

Tracked on May 8, 2005 1:23:25 AM

» Some notes on military blogging from Classical Values
Yesterday morning I started with Dan Gillmor's Citizen's Media panel (good summary at Scared Monkey via Glenn Reynolds), and I heard grim stories about litigation against bloggers. That kind of stuff that makes my blood boil, and I wanted to... [Read More]

Tracked on May 8, 2005 8:40:17 PM

» Blog Nashville from Mudville Gazette
A non-milblogger's report on the milblogger session at blog Nashville. Blackfive's coverage is here. (And if you haven't been to Blackfive's today you might want to check his new look.) By the way, just when Blackfive started addressing the crowd... [Read More]

Tracked on May 9, 2005 12:53:56 PM

» Some notes on military blogging from Classical Values

Tracked on May 9, 2005 8:16:55 PM

» Cheney Dismisses Suggestions of Shake-Up from Approval Sagging,
Bush's Approval Sagging, Cheney Dismisses Suggestions That the White House Needs a Shake-Up [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 20, 2006 9:07:14 PM

» Delphi debuts Hybrid Cross-car Beam from
is forging ahead internally and has announced a new product that may revolutionize the packaging of subsystems [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 23, 2006 7:32:47 AM

» Get A Free Catalog from Online Catalog
Phrase Search Catalog Quick Add Request a Free Catalog ... [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 24, 2006 2:25:36 PM

» Questions raised in care of right-to-die girl from ead full story
ead full story for latest details. [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 24, 2006 8:11:04 PM

» Home sales heating up from weather sparked
in home sales in two years last month, signaling the predicted slowing in housing will be gradual. [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 25, 2006 3:23:29 PM

» W3 Search Engines XML from People/Web Search
... meta-search engine, includes a submission page, searching for people and ... Alex - Alex Catalogue of Electronic texts (previously Gopher Catalog of ... [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 26, 2006 3:52:18 PM

» UN Misses AIDS Treatment Target - Voice of America from in poor countries
UN Misses AIDS Treatment Target Voice of America- 9 hours ago By Lisa Schlein. The World Health [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 29, 2006 5:19:36 PM

» US cuts off contacts with Hamas-led government from on Wednesday
(Reuters) - The United States ordered its diplomats and contractors on Wednesday to cut off contacts [Read More]

Tracked on Mar 30, 2006 4:43:57 PM

» Full Albums Archive from MP3 Album Finder
Enter Artist or Song or Album name to search: ... Download VA - –усска€ коллекци€ 4 «олотой шл€гер 70 х (1973 1979) mp3 ... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 3, 2006 5:14:04 AM

» Auto Search: 1955 chevrolet parts catalogs4 from Online Auto Guise
Search and Compare Certified Pre-Owned Cars. Car Shopping Tools and Advice · 2006 Auto Shows · New York Auto Show Check out 2007 models and cool concepts ... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 25, 2006 7:37:28 AM

» Library of Congress WWW/Z39.50 Gateway from Harvard Seismology: Centroid Moment Tensor Catalog
Contents: Search Library of Congress Catalog | Search Other Catalogs | About the Z39.50 ... Library of Congress Online Catalog. Simple Search (any keyword) ... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 27, 2006 11:15:47 AM

» Jewelry Shop from Jewelry making, Tips from The Jeweler's bench - Jewelry making
The Gem and Jewelry World's foremost Resource on The Internet. ... The Jeweler's Selected Bibliography. Add Ganoksin Power Search to your website ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 15, 2006 2:47:41 PM

» "Amber" Seattle's VIP Gala Grand Opening Thursday May 18th from Trackback URI:
Event Lounge Amber revitializes class, comfort ambiance [Read More]