« Godspeed Lance Corporal Freeman | Main | Michael Reagan's Fallen Hero Project »

Marine Sergeant Herbert Hancock - A Sniper You Should Know

Posted By Blackfive • [January 05, 2005]

"This time we were killing terrorism from more than 1,000 yards." - Marine Corporal Geoffrey Flowers, spotter for Sergeant Hancock

Dan S. sends this great story about a Marine Reservist Sniper - Sergeant Herbert Hancock - that was credited with the longest kill shot in Iraq - over a thousand yards.  And he and his spotter (Corporal Flowers) made that shot after fighting for hours in Fallujah.

Sergeant Hancock is a Bryan, Texas, police officer when not protecting his fellow Marines.  Corporal Flowers is a college student from Pearland, Texas.

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Marine Sergeant Herbert Hancock - A Sniper You Should Know:

» A Warrior's Blessing from sheepdog.blog-city.com
As I have mentioned here, I send packages off to troops with goodies to help ease the hardships of those defending our liberties.�I wrote this little prayer poem for them, to include in boxes going over. I thought I might share after Cinomed's encou [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 2:27:20 AM

» YES! from Cheese and Crackers
From Blackfive: Freakin' fantastic! Good for him! A thousand yards, boy that's a long way. [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 2:57:49 AM

» USMC sniper makes 1000 yard shot from Brain Shavings
Via Cheese and Crackers and Blackfive comes the following story of a frighteningly good Marine sniper: Seen through a twenty-power spot scope, terrorists scrambled to deliver another mortar round into the tube. Across the Euphrates River from a conceal... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 11:49:49 AM

» USMC sniper makes 1000 yard shot from Brain Shavings

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 11:50:58 AM

» USMC sniper makes 1000 yard shot from Brain Shavings

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 12:01:56 PM

» USMC sniper makes 1000 yard shot from Brain Shavings

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 12:41:32 PM

» USMC sniper makes 1000 yard shot from Brain Shavings

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 1:25:00 PM

» Daily Rant from MatthewMaynard.net
Speaking of snipers, today's "I Love the Jarheads" link is to a story about Sgt. Herbert Hancock, who is probably the sniper in Iraq with the longest confirmed kill. [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 1:40:43 PM

» A Higher Level from fredschoeneman.com
On Nov. 11, 2004, while coalition forces fought to wrest control of Fallujah from a terrorist insurgency, Marine scout snipers with Company B, 1st Battalion, 23rd Marine Regiment, 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit, applied their basic infantry skills and... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 2:03:39 PM

» America's Best Sniper? from TexasBug
I think so! Check out this article about a Marine Corps News> Marine sniper credited with longest confirmed kill in Iraq. His name is Sgt. Herbert B. Hancock, and he rocks! [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 3:32:16 PM

» Blackfive notes a sniper you should know from Murdoc Online
Marine sniper credited with longest confirmed kill in Iraq Via the Paratrooper of Love:Seen through a twenty-power spot scope, terrorists scrambled to deliver another mortar round into the tube. Across the Euphrates River from a concealed rooftop, the ... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 5, 2005 10:06:19 PM

» Pearland hero in Fallujah from kschlenker.com
From Blackfive comes a story about a Pearland Marine, Corporal Flowers--a college student from Pearland who is fighting in ... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 6, 2005 1:54:28 AM

» Is the FUCKING Marine Corp trying to win the dumba from Satan's Place
Look guys, this was a nice shot. Notice that I said nice, not great. I'm just fucking thrilled that Herbie busted a cap off in a Haji's ass. Great. Let's move on. No, you stupid motherfuckers have tell the world about it. GAWDALLFUCKINMIGHTY! Who... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 6, 2005 4:10:41 PM

» USMC sniper makes 1000 yard shot from Brain Shavings

Tracked on Jan 6, 2005 6:49:07 PM

» MilBlogs Home from Mudville Gazette
THE POST EXCHANGE: I've asked my fellow MilBloggers to submit "notable posts" they've written in the recent past for inclusion here, with a quick summary in their own words. I've taken the liberty of linking to some of their... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 8, 2005 6:09:46 AM

Tracked on Jan 25, 2005 9:27:05 AM

Tracked on Jan 25, 2005 9:51:43 AM

Tracked on Jan 26, 2005 6:59:22 AM

Tracked on Feb 1, 2005 5:06:26 PM

Tracked on Feb 1, 2005 5:11:26 PM

» MilBlogs Archive Jan 05' from Mudville Gazette
01/30/05 The Military Family Network Grunt Doc is getting the word out that Help is urgently needed for combat Marine veteran, Lance Cpl. Christopher R. LeBleu, a native of Lake Charles, La. He is currently in very critical condition in... [Read More]

Tracked on Feb 4, 2005 9:02:43 AM