« Return to Afghanistan - Picture of the Week | Main | Meet the Mad Ghosts »

Kerry Coercion

Posted By Blackfive • [January 20, 2005]

I just obtained this official photo.  Click on the thumbnail for a larger picture.  Notice Specialist Lacourse's right hand?

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the signal she's sending?

To some, it's the POW hand signal for coercion.  I was ready to send SAR when seeing that one.

Heh.  Good for you, Specialist!  Huah!!!

Temp_display_img_4136

Senator John Kerry, D-Mass., greets Soldiers hailing from his state at Camp Al Tahreer in Baghdad, Iraq Jan. 5. During the visit, Kerry discussed sports, the presidential election, and the state of the war in Iraq. Pictured from left to right are: Spc. Michelle Lacourse, 126th Aviation Battalion; Pfc. Kevin Cole, 356th Engineer Battalion; Spc. Michael Foly, 356th Engineer Battalion; Sgt. Raymond Hegarty, 356th Engineer Battalion. (U.S. Army photo by Pfc. Charles Maib, 1st Cavalry Division Public Affairs)

[Blackfive note:  You would think that the Army would screen these photos first.  Hhhmmm.  Maybe they did...]

Update:  Not a photoshop - http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050106/ids_photos_wl/r4114147535.jpg - some of you should have your Cool-Kid Photoshop Club Membership revoked.  ;->

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Kerry Coercion:

» "Kerry Coercion" from American Mom
You've got to go look at this picture of John Forbes Kerry being dissed. Thanks to Blackfive for the post. [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 20, 2005 5:28:36 PM

» For those on the Right from ISOU
Who are always pissing and moaning about how we on the left hate Bush. You need to get past your, "Kerry Issues." It comes off as a bit hypocritical if you know what I mean. Your guy won... If you... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 20, 2005 6:12:31 PM

» good picture from Gut Rumbles
I surely hope that this isn't photo-shopped. I like it anyway. One hand clapping.... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 20, 2005 6:23:42 PM

» Be Careful What "Slick" Comes... from The Laughing Wolf
Signal understood, just be careful that it is a slick coming in and not a Slick W... LW having a hard time not laughing his tail off...... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 21, 2005 7:00:31 AM

» Good Luck from triticale - the wheat / rye guy

Tracked on Jan 21, 2005 8:03:01 AM

» Good Luck from triticale - the wheat / rye guy
It's an old American hand sign meaning "Good Luck". At least that's what the crew of the Pueblo("Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to constitute the crime") told their North Korean captors. Update: I noticed, in the trackbacks to the linked... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 21, 2005 8:20:54 AM

» BWAHAHAHA! from it comes in pints?
Lady Kinsley turns me on to something I never would have known, even though I linked to the picture. Look closely at the lady's hand, then read Blackfive. Beautiful.... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 22, 2005 10:25:53 PM

» Coerced! from Myopic Zeal
Well, you learn something new every day. Blackfive posted a picture a few days ago of a "Specialist Lacourse" showing the POW hand signal for coercion in a picture with John Kerry. I wondered, "is he making up this POW hand signal stuff"... a... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 25, 2005 7:45:18 PM

» Smoke Signals from ninme
This is funny. A.E. Brain has this delightfully diverting post up about that picture taken of Kerry looking important and wonderful with the troops. Horse Laughs He says: I’ve personally met or talked over the phone with some of my... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 26, 2005 1:50:29 PM

» No Senator, I don't need anything. Thank you for v from CDR Salamander
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes a hand is just a hand. Sometimes things are photoshopped, sometimes things are not. Oftentimes, the expressions on Soldier's faces say it all. More often than not, in a situation where you are forced to... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 29, 2005 11:09:31 PM

» Coercion from Fresh Bilge
This photo dates back to early January, when John... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 30, 2005 5:55:19 PM

» BWAHAHAHA! from it comes in pints?

Tracked on Feb 5, 2005 2:19:21 PM

» Hillary Gets the (Crossed) Finger from Jack Yoest
Hillary Clinton with soldier signaling duressAn old picture of Hillary is going around. But there's an updated message. In the marketing of politics negatives count. Any "product" that produces above 40% negative is in the red zone. Charmaine writes:... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 28, 2006 10:29:03 AM