« Thundering Third - Part 8 | Main | The President That You Never Hear About »

Warrior's Last Request - We Need Your Help!

Posted By Blackfive • [December 09, 2004]

Please help with this one.

Damn, just damn.  Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED on December 3rd in Kirkuk, Iraq.

I received this email via Soldier's Angels.  It's from David's Squad in Bravo, 65th Engineers and they are forwarding a request from David.  It appears that David had a special letter sent to his squad in the event of his death.  Hold on to your seats, folks:

Dear 1st Squad,

If you’re reading this, then I’ve died for our country.  I just hope it wasn’t for nothing.

After the IED went off yesterday, I wanted to write this in case something happens to me.  There are a few more letters that I’d like you to give my wife and family.

I’d like to have a military funeral, but, if you can work please make sure that Toby Keith’s “American Soldier” is played at the ceremony in addition to the bagpipes. If they won’t let it happen, that’s ok, thanks for trying…...

I know that all the belongings I have here will go to Melissa, but there are a few more things I’d like for you guys to make sure she gets.  I have a dog tag w/ our picture on it along w/ some pictures and an American flag in my left breast pocket.  There is also a can that says “Son” on it that Melissa’s parents gave me that I’d like for them to have, and that angel stone should go to her grandma and grandpa Snow.

Now if I died w/ blue eyes (one blew that way and one blew the other way) and there’s nothing really left of me, that’s ok, I know you meant well.

Alright, enough with the dead guy’s last request, there’s a lot of thank you’s I wanna say to you fellas……

Specialist David Mahlenbrock will be laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetary on Wednesday, December 15th at 10AM EST.  David's family and friends are asking radio stations to play Toby Keith's "American Soldier" on the 15th at 1pm EST with a dedication to Specialist David Mahlenbrock.

Let's see what we can do.  Email or call the radio stations in your area and ask them to play this dedication to David.  Feel free to copy this post to send to them.

The biggest and best country music station in the world is here in Chicago (US 99).  I'm calling them and others right now.

(Smash provides a link to find country radio stations in your area)

Update:  Here's an article from David's hometown newspaper - there's funeral and donation information, as well as a part about Soldiers Angels efforts to get radio stations to play "American Soldier" for David.

You can send condolences to David's family at:

Inglesby-Givnish Funeral Home

600 E. Main St.

Maple Shade, NJ 08052

Update December 14:  We have an answer from Toby Keith.

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Warrior's Last Request - We Need Your Help!:

» Warrior's Last Request - We Need Your Help! from SlagleRock's Slaughterhouse
I found this posting at Blackfive. It is the loss of a hero. Another American killed in the war in Iraq. Damn, just damn. Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED on December 3rd in Kirkuk, Iraq. I (Matt... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 1:14:32 PM

» A soldier's last request. from Argghhh! The Home Of Two Of Jonah's Military Guys..
Blackfive has a letter you should read, and asks you to do something else, too. No, it won't cost you a dime, just a phone call or email. Please.... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 1:46:53 PM

» Slow News Day from InTheBullpen.com
CBS has issued a scathing report on bloggers as a whole, though they are attacking two specifically for accepting campaign contributions from Senator Thune’s campaign. For the record, I have and never will accept campaign contributions for running this... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 2:00:15 PM

» damn, just damn is right from Knowledge Is Power: SondraK.com
bring a tissue.......... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 2:41:46 PM

» Honor a Hero from The Indepundit
BLACKFIVE transmits a Warrior's Last Request. "I’d like to have a military funeral, but, if you can work please make sure that Toby Keith’s “American Soldier” is played at the ceremony in addition to the bagpipes. If they won’t let... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 2:51:30 PM

» A Soilder's Last Request from Conservative Dialysis
Blackfice has a post that you must read and act upon. Let's see if we can get this taken care of for him so that his fasmily can have some peace.... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 3:05:51 PM

» A Soldier's Last Request from Civilization Calls
Blackfive writes to elicit our help in making sure that a warrior's last request is honored. Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED in Kirkuk, Iraq on December 3rd. He is survived by his wife, infant daughter, parents, and... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 3:16:48 PM

» A Last Request from a Hero from Technicalities
Blackfive has an email with a last request from a fallen hero. It's not a huge request and it could be done as a tribute to all who have fallen in the GWOT. Go read it - see what you... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 3:31:57 PM

» http://smalltownveteran.typepad.com/posts/2004/12/a_warriors_last.html from Small Town Veteran
A Warrior's Last Request [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 4:02:30 PM

» Request from fredschoeneman.com
Blackfive has a request: Please help with this one. Damn, just damn. Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED on December 3rd in Kirkuk, Iraq. I received this email via Soldier's Angels. It's from David's Squad in Bravo, 65th... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 5:07:33 PM

» Soldier's Last Request from TexasBug
Blackfive has the post of a letter written by a soldier "just in case".....and then it happened. Read the soldier's letter and then help out. This time not with money, but with a simple email. [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 6:19:39 PM

» Soldier's Last Request from Stryker Brigade News
Soldiers' Angels sent us an alert regarding the last request of Specialist David Mahlenbrock, who was killed in Kirkuk, Iraq on December 3rd. David's family and friends are asking radio stations nationwide to play Toby Keith's "American Soldier" on Dec... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 6:51:19 PM

» A Last Request from a Hero from Technicalities

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 8:22:14 PM

» Warrior's Last Request from Cabal of Doom
Blackfive is putting out the call for a soldier's last request: Dear 1st Squad, If you’re reading this, then I’ve died for our country. I just hope it wasn’t for nothing. After the IED went off yesterday, I wanted to... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 9:14:26 PM

» Warrior's Last Request from AMERICAN SOLDIER
Blackfive sent me an email advising me that a Soldier was killed by an IED. One of his last requests was to have the song American Soldier played at his funeral. As many of you know. Chuck Cannon who wrote the song with Toby Keith, frequents my site... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 9:57:20 PM

» Warrior's Last Request - We Need Your Help! from republicanwitch
From BLACKFIVE - Please do what you can to help. [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 10:44:50 PM

» 1 PM EST, DECEMBER 15TH - HAVE 'EM PLAY "AMERICAN SOLDIER" BY TOBY KEITH from Bad Example
Matty O'Blackfive sent me an e-mail today requesting that I pass the word about an e-mail he recently received. Can do: Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED on December 3rd in Kirkuk, Iraq. I received this email. It's... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 9, 2004 11:15:45 PM

» Everyone need to help with this!!! from Flight Pundit
Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED on December 3rd in Kirkuk, Iraq. Davids last note to his squad via Blackfive Id like to have a military funeral, but, if you can work please make sure that Toby Keiths American Soldier is played at t... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 12:15:17 AM

» MilBlogs: from Mudville Gazette
THE POST EXCHANGE: I've asked my fellow MilBloggers to submit "notable posts" they've written in the recent past for inclusion here, with a quick summary in their own words. I've taken the liberty of linking to some of their... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 12:15:46 AM

» MilBlogs: from Mudville Gazette

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 12:21:04 AM

» A Dying Warriors Last Request from Mudville Gazette
via Blackfive Hi All- Please help with this easy request. Feel free to copy and paste instead of link. Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED on December 3rd in Kirkuk, Iraq. I received this email. It's from David's... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 6:26:22 AM

» A Soldiers Last Request from Delftsman
Blackfive has a last request made by one of the brave men that paid the ultimate price in Iraq. He wanted Toby Keiths "American Soldier" played at his funeral. This man is a patriot even in his death! Davids family... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 7:09:28 AM

» Warror's Last Request from The Patriette
Matt, at his blog Blackfive, has a story about a soldier who left a letter for his squad requesting that Toby Keith's "American Soldier" be played at his funeral. Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED on December 3rd... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 7:46:22 AM

» Warrior's Last Request from The Patriette

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 7:50:21 AM

» A Soldier's Last Request from Conservative Revolution
Please go over to Blackfive and read this letter from a now deceased American Soldier. Then do what you can to get the word out. [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 9:05:37 AM

» ATTENTION, RADIO PRODUCERS/HOSTS from Michelle Malkin
The family of Specialist David Mahlenbrock, a 20-year-old combat engineer who was killed in Iraq last Friday when a roadside bomb detonated, has a special request. They are asking radio music stations to play Toby Keith's "American Soldier" on Wednesda... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 9:18:14 AM

» ATTENTION, RADIO PRODUCERS/HOSTS from Michelle Malkin

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 9:50:13 AM

» Soldier's Last Request from Flopping Aces
Blackfive is trying to enlist as much help as we can get to get this song played at that time so please call all of your local radio stations and forward this request. [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 6:38:53 PM

» David P. Mahlenbrock, Combat Engineer from Silent Running
Many of you are familier with this sort of letter. It even has a name. Some of us have either written them or carried them for someone. Usually, and hopefully they are given back and forgotten about and never spoken... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 10, 2004 10:53:55 PM

» MilBlogs: from Mudville Gazette

Tracked on Dec 11, 2004 5:07:50 AM

» Last Wishes, And Making One Come True from The Laughing Wolf
I have no wish to be morbid during this season, but a number of things – including this post – have conspired to continue a train of thought dealing with such subjects. This morning, I want to explore it a... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 11, 2004 7:05:20 AM

» http://hyscience.typepad.com/hyscience/2004/12/michelle_malkin.html from Hyscience
Hyscience will be posting a tribute in memory of Specialist David Mahlenbrock on Wednesday, Dec. 15, at 1 pm. I invite all bloggers to join me in doing so. [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 11, 2004 11:43:19 AM

» A Tribute To A Fallen Warrior from Hyscience

Tracked on Dec 11, 2004 11:50:00 AM

» MilBlogs: from Mudville Gazette

Tracked on Dec 11, 2004 5:16:01 PM

» American Soldier from Andrew Olmsted dot com
SPC David Mahlenbrock was killed in action on December 3d of this year. SPC Mahlenbrock had a few requests in the event of his death, one of which being the playing of Toby Keith's American Soldier at his funeral. SPC... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 12, 2004 7:44:58 AM

» American Soldier from Andrew Olmsted dot com
SPC David Mahlenbrock was killed in action on December 3d of this year. SPC Mahlenbrock had a few requests in the event of his death, one of which being the playing of Toby Keith's "American Soldier" at his funeral. SPC... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 12, 2004 7:48:30 AM

» Warrior's Last Request from 2Slick's Forum
Not sure how I missed this before, but you absolutely must go see this post at Blackfive- there's still time to help. [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 12, 2004 8:25:47 AM

» Final Request from Freedom of Thought
Specialist David Mahlenbrock was killed by an IED on December 3rd in Kirkuk, Iraq. He has a final request, that Toby Keith's American Soldier be played at his funeral - which will take place this Wednesday, December 15th at 10:00AM... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 13, 2004 5:14:33 PM

» A soldier's last request. from On The Third Hand
Here. Do what you can. Here's the gist. Specialist David Mahlenbrock will be laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetary on Wednesday, December 15th at 10AM EST. David's family and friends are asking radio stations to play Toby Keith's "American ... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 13, 2004 5:41:31 PM

» Last Request from Fuzz Martin :: FuzzMartin.com
Blackfive reports a story of a soldier who knew he was going to die, and included a country song in a letter to his squad the day before his death: [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 13, 2004 5:57:24 PM

» REQUEST from trying to grok
I have a friend who works at AFN radio, so I requested "American Solider" for SPC Mahlenbrock. They can't play it at 1900, but they're going to play it earlier in the day and explain why they're playing it. We're... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 14, 2004 3:50:17 AM

» 'CAUSE FREEDOM DON'T COME FREE from Michelle Malkin
Last week, I noted the death of Spc. David Mahlenbrock, who died in Iraq when a roadside bomb detonated. In a letter he wrote before his death, preparing for the possibility that he might be killed in the line of... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 14, 2004 10:00:27 AM

» 'CAUSE FREEDOM DON'T COME FREE from Michelle Malkin

Tracked on Dec 14, 2004 10:01:56 AM

» A Soldier's Last Request from Civilization Calls
UPDATE: Blackfive updated his original post with a link to Spc. Mahlenbrock's hometown paper. People wishing to make contributions may send them here: Maple Shade High School David Mahlenbrock Memorial Fund 180 Fredrick Ave. Maple Shade, N.J. 08052 Con... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 14, 2004 10:28:13 AM

» must read from Skeet Skeet Skeet
Very rarely do i tear up when I read blogs, but a letter young Soldierleft his unit in case he died in Iraq was moving. Spc. David Mahlenbrock died last week in Iraq, and this is the letter he left his unit. Dear 1st Squad, If youR... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 14, 2004 12:16:52 PM

» Honor a Hero (Updated) from The Indepundit

Tracked on Dec 14, 2004 3:55:01 PM

» Honor a Hero (Updated) from The Indepundit

Tracked on Dec 14, 2004 3:56:56 PM

» In Memory Of Specialist David Mahlenbrock from Hyscience
Today, Dec 15, 1300 Hours, Hyscience joins other bloggers and participating radio stations all over America in a special tribute to Specialist David Mahlenbrock, a combat engineer who was killed in Iraq when a roadside bomb detonated. David told his fa... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 15, 2004 12:02:25 PM

» Rest In Peace Spc. Mahlenbrock from Say Anything
I very nearly forgot about this, so its a good thing Michelle Malkin posted about it today. David Mahlenbrock was a combat engineer who died serving his country in Iraq. He was 20 years old. In a letter home to his family before he died he request... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 15, 2004 2:08:48 PM