« MilBlogs Just Added To The 2004 Weblog Awards | Main | Sergeant Bozik - Update 4 »

SI Sportsman of the Year - Vote For Ranger Pat Tillman

Posted By Blackfive • [November 29, 2004]

Background:  Sports Illustrated is conducting it's annual fan poll for Sportsman of the Year.  This year there is one athlete who stands out.  Tim Layden of CNN/Sports Illustrated lays it out for you.

I'd appreciate it if you took some time to go here to vote, select Pat Tillman on the sliding window on the left of the site (he's second from the bottom and wearing a red football jersey), click on his picture, then hit the vote button.  Just in case you have trouble finding his picture, here is a screenshot of what Pat Tillman's ballot looks like.

Currently, he is in third place behind Lance Armstrong and Michael Phelps.

Update:  Sondra K. says that she can't think of a more worthy person.  I agree.

[Note:  You can vote more than once - just refresh the web page]

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference SI Sportsman of the Year - Vote For Ranger Pat Tillman:

» You MUST Do This from RIGHT ON RED >>
Blackfive has a terrific idea, and I strongly urge everyone to follow his lead: vote for Pat Tillman for Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 10:13:13 AM

» BLACKFIVE: SI Sportsman of the Year - Vote For Ra from The Pink Flamingo Bar Grill
Blackfive points out a Sports Illustrated Poll where Pat Tillman is running third. That is unacceptable, please go now and vote for Pat a true American Hero. Yea I know that Lance is great but Pat Tillman gave his life for our country. Please go and ... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 10:22:13 AM

» The Backdoor Draft and Pat Tillman as SI Sportsman of the Year from The Jawa Report
Johnny Walker Red has a great little story about his friend upset about her Dad getting caught up in the so-called backdoor draft. It's understandable that many mothers and daughters of those called up from Reserve or National Guard units... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 10:44:07 AM

» Pat Tillman, Champion from American Digest
I'm not a fan of online polls and am even less sanguine about "stuffing the ballot box," but Matt at BLACKFIVE makes a strong case for:SI Sportsman of the Year - Vote For Ranger Pat Tillman Patrick M. sends the link to Sports Illustrated's fan poll for... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 10:58:47 AM

» Vote for Pat Tillman for Sportsman of the Year from Backcountry Conservative
Vote for Pat Tillman. If you aren't convinced as to why, read this. Thanks to Johnny Walker Red for the heads-up about Blackfive's post .... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 11:26:10 AM

» Every Vote Counts from Strange Dog
Blackfive notes that Sports Illustrated is running a fan poll for [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 11:27:08 AM

» Pat Tillman for sportsman of the year from Six Meat Buffet
It would be nice if we could get enough people to move him to first place on the poll, since all the other candidates' achievements are insignificant by comparison. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 12:15:28 PM

» Select Pat Tillman as Sportsman of the Year from Blogs of War
You can vote here. Unfortunately you’ll have to use some horrid Flash application to vote but I’ve included a screenshot (above) to help you identify Tillman. He is the second athlete from the bottom. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 12:46:35 PM

» Pat Tillman - SI Sportsman of the Year from Petrified Truth
Why vote for the late Pat Tillman as the Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year? Recall via John McCain's moving eulogy of this national hero. Pat Tillman understood his obligations, no better than his comrades in arms, perhaps, but better... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 1:34:04 PM

» DON'T Vote For Pat Tillman from Sortapundit
So I don't think it's a great idea to vote for Tillman. I think he'd be embarassed at the thought. Vote for Lance Armstrong. Vote for Tom Brady. Hell, vote for the US softball team. Tillman didn't die a football player. There would be little honour i... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 5:05:38 PM

» Vote Pat Tillman! from OfficeSmileMan - The Webjourney of Joe Brooks
There is a campaign going around the blogosphere right now trying to get everyone to vote Pat Tillman as Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year. I voted for him, now SHOULD YOU! Click Here to Vote. For more information about Pat Tillman ple... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 26, 2004 5:25:20 PM

» Vote Pat Tillman for SI Sportsman of the Year from Winds of Change.NET
Sports Illustrated is conducting it's annual fan poll for Sportsman of the Year. Here's why you need to head over and vote for Pat Tillman. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 12:27:44 AM

» Vote Pat Tillman for SI Sportsman of the Year from Winds of Change.NET

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 12:41:42 AM

» SI Sportsman of the Year from Grooveswitch
Sports Illustrated is conducting its annual Sportsman of the Year poll. I strongly recommend voting for Pat Tillman. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 10:12:22 AM

» Pat Tillman For Sportsman Of The Year from Off Wing Opinion
Sports Illustrated is going about picking it's Sportsman of the Year, and BlackFive says Pat Tillman is the one and [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 12:13:02 PM

» Sports Illustrated fan poll from Cabal of Doom
Via Blackfive - Sports Illustrated is conducting their annual fan poll for Sportsman of the Year. Pat Tillman is #3 right now. Vote and make him #1.... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 2:41:25 PM

» SI Sportsman of the Year from DSS Hubris
BLACKFIVE is starting a drive to get people to vote for Ranger Pat Tillman as Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year. I think that is a great idea. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 3:05:05 PM

» Make A Patriotic Statement from villageidiots
Support a bipartisan hero and go online to vote for Pat Tillman as Sports Illustrated's [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 3:23:27 PM

» Vote for Pat Tillman for Sportman of the Year from Urban:Grounds
These type of honors are usually meaningless and insignificant. But Pat Tillman winning this year's SI Player of the Year would mean a lot to a lot of people. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 4:23:18 PM

» Pat Tillman For Sportsman of The Year from Powerpundit
Go to BlackFive, which has a link to cast a vote for Pat Tillman as Sportsman of The Year.... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 5:14:06 PM

» Pat Tillman - Sportman of the Year from Flopping Aces
Sports Illustrated is putting on it Sportsman of the Year award. If you believe that Pat Tillman should be No. 1 then please click on the link and vote. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 27, 2004 7:53:46 PM

» Pat Tillman For SI Sportsman of the Year from Broken Masterpieces
From the Corner. BLACKFIVE: SI Sportsman of the Year - Vote For Ranger Pat Tillman Who else could be even considered for Sportsman of the Year?... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 28, 2004 12:29:22 AM

» SI Sportsman of the Year - Vote For Ranger Pat Tillman from Small Town Veteran
From Blackfive:Patrick M. sends the link to Sports Illustrated's fan poll for Sportsman of the Year. [...] I'd appreciate it if you took some time to go here to vote, select Pat Tillman on the sliding window on the left [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 28, 2004 6:49:10 AM

» Pat Tillman for Sportman of the Year from The MUSC Tiger
From RIGHT ON RED and Blackfive: Vote Pat Tillman for Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year. I could not agree more. [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 28, 2004 8:23:02 PM

» Sports Illustrated Gets It Right--Will Time? from Rational Explications
Sports Illustrated has just announced that its "Sportsmen of the Year" are the Boston Red Sox. Perhaps still on a post-World Series high, I find myself uncharacteristically concurring with the ultimate in MSM and dissenting from numerous sound thinkers... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 28, 2004 9:36:46 PM

» A True Hero from GENUINE
I don't often ask for favors here, but when I have everyone has been very generous. I don't ask now to help a single person, and I don't ask to send money. I would only ask for a vote. Black... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 28, 2004 11:25:27 PM

» A True Hero from GENUINE
I don't often make rants here at Genuine, but when I see something that touches me and makes me ponder about life, I want to pass that on to you. I want you to ponder as well and to know... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 28, 2004 11:48:20 PM

» A True Hero from GENUINE

Tracked on Nov 29, 2004 7:20:05 AM

» A True Hero from GENUINE

Tracked on Nov 29, 2004 7:23:33 AM

» Sportsman of the Year from fredschoeneman.com
Blackfive and others are pushing Pat Tillman in the voting for Sportsman of the year. While I appreciate the sentiment -- wanting to recognize one of the guys who gave everything to keep us free -- I feel it's a... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 29, 2004 2:10:03 PM

» Sportsman of the Year from Stryker Brigade News
Blackfive has all the details on how you can vote for Pat Tillman as Sports Illustrated's "Sportsman of the Year". My man Lance Armstrong is also nominated, but this year no one is more deserving than Army Cpl. Patrick D.... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 30, 2004 12:02:57 AM

» Sports & Military from Mudville Gazette
-Our newest member to Milblogs, Out of Water, thinks Pat Tillman should have made the cover of Sports Illustrated, and I agree. Greyhawk was thinking maybe Ron Artest for sportsman of the year, but Blackfive also thinks Pat Tillman. One... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 30, 2004 5:42:11 AM

» MilBlogs: from Mudville Gazette
THE POST EXCHANGE: I've asked my fellow MilBloggers to submit "notable posts" they've written in the recent past for inclusion here, with a quick summary in their own words. I've taken the liberty of linking to some of their... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 30, 2004 5:42:22 AM

» Sports & Military from Mudville Gazette
- Our newest member to Milblogs, Out of Water, thinks Pat Tillman should have made the cover of Sports Illustrated, and I agree. Greyhawk was thinking maybe Ron Artest for sportsman of the year, but Blackfive also thinks Pat Tillman.... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 30, 2004 6:32:33 AM