« Listening To... | Main | Dumbass »

The Grace of God

Posted By Blackfive • [August 03, 2004]

But for the Grace of God, I survived.

But for the Grace of God, I have a wonderful son.

And now I have a healthy and happy baby daughter.

I have said before that I'm the luckiest SOB that you ever met. Lucky? Sure. To this day, I still don't know why I'm around, but, after many years, I have learned to accept each day a gift - an extraordinary gift by the Grace of God.

Everyone, say hello to Grace.

Gracie

Gracie was born yesterday. Seven pounds, thirteen ounces. Twenty inches. She was a week early. So far, she likes it when I sing "Swinging on a Star" to her. She doesn't much care for being wrapped up. And she's got a healthy appetite.

Everyone is healthy, a bit tired, and very happy.

My son was very excited to meet his little sister, but soon wondered what the big deal was about her...he was a bit disappointed at the lack of baby entertainment.

Thanks for all of your prayers and encouraging words.

More tomorrow...

PermalinkComments (113)TrackBack (48) Subscribe to BlackFive

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Grace of God:

» Congratulations... from Backcountry Conservative
to Blackfive and his whole family on the birth of his daughter.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 12:49:12 PM

» Good In The World from baldilocks
There's still some left, as I've found out for myself. Here's some more: go meet the newest member of the BlackFive family! I think she’s got here daddy wrapped already. :-) [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 1:01:14 PM

» The World is More Beautiful Today from Technicalities
The Blackfive family have a gorgeous new daughter. Congratulations to the entire family. I have a feeling she'll grow up to be beautiful, smart, and very well able to take care of herself. Couldn't ask for anything better. Matt -... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 1:51:33 PM

» Congrats to Blackfive, and The Newest Commando from In Search of Utopia
"People that know me very well, know that there isn't any rational reason why I'm here today. Those who were there can't explain it...some blame fate. But for the Grace of God, I survived. But for the Grace of God,... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 2:18:02 PM

» Matt counts his blessings from Random Fate
Go wish Matt a hearty "Congratulations" on the new addition to his family. Nothing needs to be added beyond what Matt said.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 2:32:42 PM

» Grace Five? from Mudville Gazette
Welcome Grace to the MilBlogs Ring? Not yet. How about a welcome to the world?... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 3:42:32 PM

» MilBlogs: from Mudville Gazette
FREE SPEECH FROM THOSE WHO HELP MAKE IT POSSIBLE THE POST EXCHANGE: I've asked my fellow MilBloggers to submit "notable posts" they've written in the recent past for inclusion here, with a quick summary in their own words. I've taken... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 3:54:23 PM

» She'll probably grow up and join the bellicose brigade! from On The Third Hand
Blackfive's wife just had a baby daughter. Go congratulate him! [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 5:10:43 PM

» Blackfive's Son has a sister! from Welcome to Castle Argghhh! The Home Of One Of Jonah's Military Guys.
Blackfive +1. Congrats, Mrs. Blackfive, on delivering Grace to Matt. In more ways than one.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 8:09:27 PM

» Bald-headed Paratrooper from Musings From The Imperial Senate
I have a friend who I went through ROTC with in college. We were both prior service so only had to do the last two years of it - thank God. His enlisted time was spent in the DivArty of the 82nd Airborne Division. Toward the end of our senior ye... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 8:51:54 PM

» It's a girl! from Marine Corps Moms
Matt from Blackfive has a birth announcement posted. Born yesterday, 7 lb. 13 oz., 20 inches. The vital statistics don't do her justice. She's beautiful. Please go add a comment - I'm sure the thread will be printed out for... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 3, 2004 9:40:59 PM

» Welcome Grace! from The Laughing Wolf
Go over to Blackfive's and welcome Grace to the world. This is wonderful news, and I wish them all the best. I also admit that I look forward to watching Grace wear Blackfive as a ring around her little finger,... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 5:37:03 AM

» The littlest conspirator from Cold Fury
Although I must say I find the timing suspicious—clearly, he planned this event to distract from [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 6:06:57 AM

» Got That Right, Matt from Notes & Musings
I'd like to offer the heartiest of congratulations to Matt of Blackfive on the birth of his daughter. Her name is Grace -- and there is a nice story behind it.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 6:58:57 AM

» Got That Right, Matt from Notes & Musings

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 7:00:37 AM

» MATTY O'BLACKFIVE HAD A BABY GIRL from Bad Example
Named her Grace. Picture here. What do you guys think? Should she be referred to as Fivette or Pinkfive?... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 7:23:02 AM

» BLACKFIVE BABY BORN from The Spoons Experience
Congrats to Matt and Mrs. Blackvive. Read BLACKFIVE: The Grace of God.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 7:34:34 AM

» New Blackfivette from Madfish Willie's Cyber Saloon
Congratulations to Matty & Mrs O'Blackfive in the birth of a healthy baby girl!!... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 9:42:30 AM

» Props to Black Five (redux) from The Commons
BLACKFIVE Black Five, in Paulie World, we call being a "Lucky SOB" being "providential." Grace of God, and all. Congrats and blessings.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 9:44:15 AM

» Blackfive, the next generation from Physics Geek
Looks like little Miss Blackfive has arrived. Congratulations, Matt. Update: Little Grace has arrived. Go by and congratulate the new daddy.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 11:03:55 AM

» Wehaddababyeeetzagirl from Miss Apropos
Congratulations, Matty, the Mrs. and Big Brother! She's beautiful! Grace. What a beautiful, beautiful name.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 4:00:08 PM

» Joyous news from Accidental Verbosity
Congratulations to the Blackfives on the birth of their beautiful daughter, Grace. [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 7:53:57 PM

» Arrival of Grace from BeldarBlog
Among my regular read, to get the perspective of a well-spoken recent veteran of our country's military services, is Blackfive. Mr. [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 11:27:38 PM

» It came from beneath the "NEWS"man.... from Who Tends the Fires
The Word for the Day is: "deification Religification" "To avoid offending any voters, John Kerry has come down foursquare on both sides of three social issues...." - Fort Worth Star Telegram *snicker* By the way, Congratulations, Matt and Mrs. Matt... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 4, 2004 11:44:49 PM

» Congrats from Balloon Juice
Everyone go say congrats to BlackFive. You will see why when you get there.... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 5, 2004 9:05:06 AM

» Amazing Grace from The Gantry Launchpad
Blackfive is now the proud daddy of a 7-pound, 13-ounce baby girl, Grace. Drop by over there and wish him well. He really is a very lucky man...... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 5, 2004 4:41:28 PM

» Clutch Linker from A Small Victory
So, I wanted to do a linkfest, but I also wanted to put something special up on the radio tonight. Then I thought, Hey, why not do both at once?! Then I can introduce you to one of my favorite... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 5, 2004 4:45:33 PM

» Clutch Linker from A Small Victory

Tracked on Aug 5, 2004 4:53:36 PM

» Clutch Linker from A Small Victory

Tracked on Aug 5, 2004 4:55:15 PM

» Enemablog from Simon World
It's not right: it's Friday afternoon and work is busy. That means this linkfest will be nowhere as creative as some, but as someone once said, a link by any other name would be as sweet: Blogs Harvey has a 12 step blogging program, although I'm breaki... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 6, 2004 3:58:25 AM

» Enemablog from Simon World

Tracked on Aug 6, 2004 3:59:15 AM

» Hmmmm from Mister Green
New dad Blackfive has a comment on his site from one Joseph Mendiola that I am taking the liberty of copying and pasting here in its entirety, as I believe it energetically and poetically encapsulates the truth of the upcoming... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 6, 2004 9:43:28 AM

» BlogCuba - Blackfive from Babalu Blog
I wasn's sure if Blackfive was going to be able to submit an entry for BlogCuba since I emailed him just a few days before he became a new daddy. But, like the true military man that he is, he... [Read More]

Tracked on Aug 12, 2004 7:52:44 AM

Tracked on Oct 3, 2004 3:15:48 AM

Tracked on Oct 4, 2004 6:16:54 AM

Tracked on Oct 4, 2004 6:28:30 AM

Tracked on Oct 4, 2004 6:32:27 AM

Tracked on Oct 4, 2004 6:37:16 AM

» CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR PINKFIVE from Bad Example
Back in August, Matty O'Blackfive had a beautiful baby daughter, and I never got him anything. With Christmas just around the corner, I was thinking this might make a nice gift: (already full size, don't bother clicking) [pic from Martin... [Read More]

Tracked on Dec 7, 2004 5:55:28 PM