« The Mad Piper | Main | Question »

Blogger Shows True Color - Red

Posted By Blackfive • [April 02, 2004]

Via Spoons - Guess which blogger said this:

That said, I feel nothing over the death of merceneries. They aren't in Iraq because of orders, or because they are there trying to help the people make Iraq a better place. They are there to wage war for profit. Screw them.

This incredible remark, completely devoid of compassion and intelligence, was brought to you by The Daily Kos.  He's no liberal.  The Kos is a Cuban-style Socialist.

Update:  The Kos-sack has changed the post by redirecting visitors to an apology of sorts.  I can't find the original in his archives.  This sounds very Soviet-Socialist-like doesn't it (i.e. rewrite history)?

And isn't it one of the golden rules of blogosphere to not delete posts?  That action usually leads to a loss of credibility.

Anyway, here's part of the explanation for his disappearing comments:

Unlike the vast majority of people in this country, I actually grew up in a war zone. I witnessed communist guerillas execute students accused of being government collaborators. I was 8 years old, and I remember stepping over a dead body, warm blood flowing from a fresh wound. Dodging bullets while at market. I lived in the midsts of hate the likes of which most of you will never understand (Clinton and Bush hatred is nothing compared to that generated when people kill each other for politics or race or nationality). There's no way I could ever describe the ways this experience colors my worldview.

Most people that I know that grew up in war zones tend to be conservative.  I don't know why this guy is so far left.

BTW, he should also know that the people that he calls mercenaries were Americans -  Americans hired by our government to protect a convoy.  Mercenaries carry out military assaults for the highest bidder.  When has Blackwater conducted an assualt on an objective?  Would you see these ex-Navy Seals assaulting a Marine position?

I am sure that it was tough for anyone to grow up in that environment.  But it ain't an excuse for being a jackass.

Update 04-03-04:  A follow up post is here.

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Blogger Shows True Color - Red:

» The Daily Kos from The House of Rapp
When it comes to bloggers, the biggest name in liberal politics on the web is The Daily Kos. He's raised a lot of money for political candidates, is frequently referenced by campaigns, and Hugh Hewitt has even discussed putting him... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 2, 2004 5:15:19 PM

» The Daily Kos from The House of Rapp

Tracked on Apr 2, 2004 5:18:07 PM

» GEORGE BUSH: THE REAL HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVIST from The Galvin Opinion
George Bush's human rights triumph is why some liberals like Markos Zuniga (Kos) feel they must resort to shameful rhetoric - concerning the young men who were burned alive, mutilated and left to hang from a bridge - by saying the murdered Americans ... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 2, 2004 9:43:29 PM

» Another from Grim's Hall
Added to "those who speak out" is the voice of another of the "mercenaries" KOS hates so much... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 2, 2004 11:40:58 PM

» Disloyal opposition from Shameless Self-Promotion
You want to be angry about something? Tired of being the calm rational one in the face of spittle-emitting Bush-haters? I've got something for you to be angry about. Originally that link spoke of the Americans killed in Fallujah and... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 3, 2004 1:29:53 AM

» "SCREW THEM:" NOT A JOKE from Michelle Malkin
A year ago today, left-wing blogger and Democratic strategist Markos Moulitsos Zuniga of the Daily Kos cheered the brutal murders of four American civilian contractors in Fallujah--all of them war veterans with distinguished records, three of them fath... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 1, 2005 2:41:17 PM

» "SCREW THEM:" NOT A JOKE from Michelle Malkin

Tracked on Apr 1, 2005 2:42:33 PM

» "SCREW THEM:" NOT A JOKE from Michelle Malkin

Tracked on Apr 1, 2005 2:43:45 PM

» You've got to be kidding! from blog.mintruth.com
I just saw and posted the Michelle Malkin parody site in my last post, which got me to look at her tripe. I stumbled onto her post from yesterday titled:"SCREW THEM:" NOT A JOKE. She is all upset because someone said "Screw them" when ta... [Read More]

Tracked on Apr 2, 2005 5:38:02 AM