A few things from President Bush's News Conference:
1. 9/11 blame rests with Osama Bin Laden.
2. It's obvious that reporters want him to admit it was his fault. A few keep asking him if he shared blame for 9/11 (Major Garret being one). Wishes we would have been on war footing before 9/11 because Al Qaeda was at war with us. Wished we had Homeland Security Dept. prior to 9/11.
3. We can't let our fallen soldiers' sacrifices be made in vain. If we quit Iraq, their deaths will have been made in vain.
4. We can't win the war on terror. We must spread freedom throughout the middle east. Through changes toward a free world and making the world a better place, will we become safe.
5. We are going to be in Iraq for a long time. We are going to spend a lot of money on Iraq. We are going to send more troops.
Overall, he didn't do so well. During the first 15 minutes, when asked the fault of 9/11 question, he totally dodged them and went on a rehearsed "freedom" rant. He did say he felt sad and angry about 9/11, but he didn't address the reporters' questions about fault/blame. He never admitted to making a mistake about anything (not just prior to 9/11).
He did better the longer it went on.