« Some Drinks Links for Today | Main | Islam and Peace »

Bloggers to Drink With

Posted By Blackfive • [September 30, 2003]
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

Social drinking is more than just a pass-time with me. It's more like a way of life. I've been known to blow through $100 on $1 beer night. When someone asks me for directions here in Chicago, I usually give guidance by the locations of pubs and bars rather than street names. Por ejemplo:

Blackfive: "Yeah, I can get you there. Just go past O'Neil's Tap. Well, stop in if you want and tell 'em Matt sent you. Then, hang a right once you go past Timmy O'Toole's. If you go in there, tell 'em I'll be by in an hour. Go two blocks and when you see Blackie's you are right across the street from Nordstrom."

Anyway, below is a list of a few bloggers that I wouldn't mind having a few or ten pints with...

Mr. Green - Well, he doesn't really count since I do drink with him every so often. The man drinks hard, and I've been trying to get him to do a post on the last time he had to worry about bourbon and bbq ribs on the new carpet. Of course, for every story I have on him, he has a few more on me...

Frank J. - Not so sure about this since Frank is too damn funny and I think most of my drinks would be coming out of my nose. Maybe if he was buying...

Paul at Sanity's Edge - Although after considering some of his posts, I may have to make sure he has a bond card first. I get into enough trouble on my own...add some good scotch and BINGO! we would have fire engines, midget peg-leg strippers in viking helmets and explosions everywhere.

Stephen Den Beste - He would be great to drink with...for about the first one or two pints. Then, I'd be like, "Dude, can we talk football? You're way over my head."

Banagor - Don't know where he's been lately, but I imagine he would be a big gregarious NY drinker. He sent me the first response to my first post on the French General - it was an awesome pat on the back.

Harvey at Bad Money - His style of humor may be more akin to drinking. We'd have to drink something dry as his wit. As long as we could get him out of his Wisconsin Northwoods Lodge (complete with mounted bear's head)...and not talk about the Packers.

Bill Whittle and Misha - These guys couldn't pay for a drink whilst pub crawling with me. Hell, if their writings are any indication, they would probably have everyone in the bar on an American love fest. It would be good to see, wouldn't it?

Then, you have the former (and current) military bloggers: DarthVOB, Argghhh!, Straight White Guy, Alan Meadows, Harvey gets to drink again, Tom The Friendly Ghost, and Boots and Sabers. I would love to get us all in a Chicago union-type bar where they love Hilary and Dean. Now, THAT would be fun.

I think annika and Rachel Lucas might be serious enough drinkers to join us at the above bar. It would be interesting to watch them eviscerate a few of the Chicago democrat studs that would hit on them. Same goes for the Kelly the Patriette, Susie, and Heather...although, for some strange reason, I can't shake the vision of Heather counting the calories of my drinks and talking about man-boobs.

Comments

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Bloggers to Drink With:

» Booze week continues from Sanity's-Edge
Blackfive has a posted a list of bloggers he’d like knock a few back with. I think Matt and I have a lot in common. So much so that it would be dangerous evening. He and I drinking together would... [Read More]

Tracked on Sep 30, 2003 7:26:25 AM

» BlogDrinking from The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler
Black Five has a post about bloggers he'd like to get shitfaced with and Yours Truly made the cut, YAY!... [Read More]

Tracked on Sep 30, 2003 11:26:02 AM

» Drinkin' Time from Musings From The Imperial Senate
Damn...I hit the "Enter" key rather than the ' when I typed the title. Now the excerpt of this post will be blank space. Anyway, Blackfive (when I read that I interpret "XO") mentioned that he'd like to share drinks... [Read More]

Tracked on Sep 30, 2003 11:58:25 AM

» Blackfive's Bash from angelweave
So, Matt, when's the party? Let's schedule this thing. hln... [Read More]

Tracked on Sep 30, 2003 2:00:10 PM

» Raising the glass to Blackfive from Mister Green
Blackfive links to me today as a blogger he'd like to drink with. The feeling is reciprocated, even when he's not buying. (But that always helps.) When he talks about bourbon, BBQ, and a new carpet, he may be referring... [Read More]

Tracked on Sep 30, 2003 2:53:37 PM

» Have To Think About this One from Absinthe & Cookies (a little bit bitter, a little bit sweet)
Blackfive has a list of Bloggers He'd Like To Drink With. I have to say, it's a nifty idea for [Read More]

Tracked on Sep 30, 2003 7:55:17 PM

» Ahem. from Electric Venom
Don't you hate it when bloggers don't have comment sections so you can't leave a note pointing out that they missed the obvious?... [Read More]

Tracked on Sep 30, 2003 9:02:58 PM

» I accept! from Argghhh!!! The Home of one of Jonah's Military Guys©
I accept BlackFive's invitation to go boozing in Chicago. And I wanna meet all the others. After we do that, yer all invited to come to Kansas, we'll dip into the Arsenal and go punch holes in paper. We can... [Read More]

Tracked on Oct 1, 2003 9:52:30 AM

» Return of the Ping Tsunami from Practical Penumbra
This is gonna be some super-duper, all-out full-throttle pingage, folks, so hold on. Frank has a new In My World! Yay! He also informs us that Bill Whittle's essay Power is up. If I go read it now, all linkage will be suspended, so I'm going to save it... [Read More]

Tracked on Oct 1, 2003 2:24:18 PM

» Return of the Ping Tsunami from Practical Penumbra

Tracked on Oct 1, 2003 3:14:32 PM

» Return of the Ping Tsunami from Practical Penumbra

Tracked on Oct 1, 2003 3:19:34 PM

» Return of the Ping Tsunami from Practical Penumbra

Tracked on Oct 1, 2003 3:24:44 PM

» BTW- I'm serious... from Argghhh!!! The Home of one of Jonah's Military Guys©
..both about drinking with bloggers in Chicago, and hosting a blogger shoot here in Kansas. Too many of you take me up on it, I might have ta dun ya for some ammo costs... but other than that!... [Read More]

Tracked on Oct 1, 2003 10:18:22 PM

» DON ISN'T COOL ENOUGH... from Anger Management
...to drink with Blackfive. Unforgivable...simply unforgivable.... [Read More]

Tracked on Oct 2, 2003 12:09:37 PM

» Working From Home from Argghhh!!! The Home of one of Jonah's Military Guys©
Know what I like best about working from home? I can do all this comparative doctrine reading (without unscheduled distractions) I'm doing for my most excellent client, AND BLOG WITHOUT GUILT - cuz it's my own machine! The Boss will... [Read More]

Tracked on Oct 3, 2003 6:04:50 PM

» Oh, the Inconstancy of friends... from Argghhh!!! The Home of one of Jonah's Military Guys
Remember this? When the Paratroop of Love slathered us fellow bloggers with beery love? And we responded? So now Matt is going to be in KC, like 20 miles away... and I gotta read about it in his blog? Hey,... [Read More]

Tracked on Nov 20, 2003 2:57:39 PM

» Return of the Ping Tsunami from Practical Penumbra

Tracked on Jun 9, 2004 9:33:20 AM

» Further to the theme... from Straight White Guy
.. I've been sitting here thinking.. yeah, I know... a bad thing to do on a Sunday evening.. but, I think that this is a window to the soul, children... see, I've met a helluva lot of bloggers over the... [Read More]

Tracked on Jan 2, 2005 4:29:35 PM